7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Description:* Pizza Hut is looking for a self-motivated Technical Architect who wants to be part of a journey to modernize our application portfolio. We desire a candidate with a curious mind and experience with Java systems. AWS and Single Page Applications. The position requires participation in the full software development lifecycle. Someone who loves to design, code, loves business application development, and wants to help shape our long-term above-restaurant IT strategy will be an excellent fit. Someone who can play a central role in the architecture, development, integration and operations support for our internal applications.
* Architect, Design, and Develop extensible, scalable and highly-available Java/Angular-based applications.
* Accountable for architecture, integration and all the technical aspects of the application.
* Analyze existing software to determine areas for continuous improvement.
* Work with other developers to plan sprints and deliver solutions for business requirements (user stories).
* Participate in project planning activities – breakdown of requirements into tasks, resource and duration estimation, etc.
* Help with design and code reviews for the projects executed by the vendor and the internal team.
* Lead and coach junior developers.
* Act as Technical liaison between Business and IT groups.
* Help with the planning and execution of the overall technical and portfolio roadmap.
Minimum Requirements :
* 9+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining Java/J2EE, SOA and Cloud based enterprise web applications.
* At least 7 years of experience in development, technology consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks.
* Experience with AWS cloud and services is required.
* Experience with containerization and deployment of applications in AWS EC2, Fargate, Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent.
* Deep knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, JDBC, JPA) and Web Services (SOAP & REST), Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Security/SSO etc is required.
* Experience with DevOps toolset including Git, Jenkins, CircleCI, SonarQube.
* Experience with database systems (SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL) is a must and experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or Couchbase is preferred.
* Strong understanding of the software development life cycle. Experience with Agile Methodology is a must.
* Ability to articulate and evangelize architecture vision to management and stakeholders.
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).