7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Director of Franchise Development
Description:In this role, reporting to the Head of Development for Pizza Hut, you will lead and execute Pizza Hut's asset transformation and growth strategy as the Director of Franchise Development. This is a dynamic role that requires a multi-dimensional skillset to add value and support to our franchise partners as they grow, transform and modernize Pizza Hut stores across the US. The Director of Franchise Development oversees franchise development and market planning and analysis. The team provides strategic support to franchisees by identifying development growth opportunities, recommending the right restaurant type based on in-depth data analysis, managing openings and closures, and offering best practices and tools in regard to market planning, real estate, store design, and construction.
New & Existing Franchise Development:
- Lead the Development of the Pizza Hut Growth & Development strategy segmented with immediate, mid-term, and long-term strategies. Gain Pizza Hut Leadership Team and Franchise Leadership alignment on key strategies.
- Partner with cross functional leaders to develop asset type and trade area penetration strategies (free standing, inline/endcap, non-traditional/express) and new format strategies (mobile, smallbox, etc.).
- Assist in development of ongoing Multi-brand strategies and policies related to development.
- Insure team structure and capability match the evolving needs of the business. Elevate function and develop import/export model with Pizza Hut Global for talent and Know How/Best Practices.
- Drive process and discipline deep into the organization to deliver world class one system commercial business mindset and improve the Pizza Hut business model.
- Own related systems, processes, IT relationships, etc. Establish process for assessment of future needs and continuous improvement to meet evolution of business model.
- Support Pizza Hut LT as needed in planning, business reviews, and special projects.
- Manages all phases of franchise development process and support: market planning, site selection & approval, real estate contracts, permitting, construction, and turnover/grand opening on projects from inception.
- Build relationships and work with franchisees to influence commitment against market plans and support ongoing development results aligned with those plans.
- Execute assessment and qualification process for new franchisees entering the Pizza Hut system through new unit development or acquisition.
- Delivers effective and streamlined communication to franchise system on development pipeline.
Market Planning and Analysis:
- Develop, maintain, and execute Pizza Hut market planning processes to enable and accelerate the Growth & Development Strategy. Includes benchmarking and competitive analysis.
- Monitor and audit development standards and success criteria to insure process discipline and relevance.
- Provide tools and guidance on market planning, mapping and trade area prioritization.
- Leverage and innovate with Technology to provide world class solutions to the field and our franchisees.
- Provide analytical leadership for growth and reinvestment strategies, franchise returns/paybacks, growth potential by market.
- Bachelor's degree; Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- Must have strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and a desire to have a large commercial impact on the organization. Being a Customer Maniac is a must.
- Must have proven track record in leading team of direct reports, development vision, and driving results via creative thinking and problem solving. Proven track record in hiring and developing direct reports.
- Proven track record of influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task & generate actionable recommendations. Demonstrated track record of strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & team skills with ability to present to Senior Leadership
- Previous experience with modeling complex business issues in order to influence decisions with a data driven point of view.
- Clear communication, organizational and strong interpersonal skills are a necessity. Ability to partner well with cross functional departments and work with all levels of management, including senior management.
- Ability to efficiently manage workload well with shifting priorities. Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Disruptive thinker with a Challenger Mindset
- Ability to travel up to 40% (under normal circumstances)