7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Director, Restaurant Training and Learning
Description:The Director, Restaurant Training and Learning will lead the training and learning strategy for Pizza Hut US business initiatives impacting franchisees, above-restaurant leaders, and restaurant-level team members. This role's reach will impact over 1,500 team members in addition to 500 Above Restaurant Leaders (corporate employees). The ideal candidate for this role will share our passion for our team members and strive to create innovative programs that can be cascaded across our restaurants everywhere. The Director, Restaurant Training and Learning will also lead a team of talented professionals to elevate and execute a learning program that can unlock systemwide results. This role will create and implement leadership development programs that will impact both our restaurant and corporate leaders. Together, we will work to make it easier for our team members and customers to have a great experience at Pizza Hut.
The Ideal Candidate
The Director of Restaurant Training and Learning is an experienced and passionate leader who cares deeply about developing others and is excited by the opportunity to create innovative, relevant, data-driven learning experiences through various technology platforms to enable our teams. This position will oversee training for role-based curricula, new product launches, new product tests, service and operations' initiatives, and technology initiatives. A successful candidate is highly collaborative and will create a holistic learning strategy that supports the needs of the business and meet our team members where they are. The Director of Restaurant Training and Learning will maintain a healthy external network to stay abreast of learning trends, systems, vendors, technology and continuous improvement processes to ensure relevancy, and will measure the success of the programs you implement and iterate accordingly.
- Develop strategy for training and learning program by leveraging existing programs and weaving in outside, innovative thinking and best practices
- Consistently evaluate, iterate and innovate learning and training programs to ensure best-in-class offerings that will elevate the team member experience
- Develop relationships with franchise partners and equity leaders to understand pain points of existing training programs to develop roadmap for 2023 and beyond
- Consult with executive management, franchisees, and cross functional partners to analyze learning and development needs across all areas of the business
- Coach, lead and grow a team of passionate learning and systems' professionals who analyze, design, develop and implement learning solutions for our restaurants, above restaurant leaders and franchisees
- Monitor our internal brand operational performance and industry trends as they relate to learning and development and continuously look for ways to innovate, making recommendations to enhance curricula, further leverage digital technology and maximize the development of our teams
- Lead enterprise design, development and delivery of all training programs, curricula, and brand standards
- Collaborate with our franchise training teams & leaders to identify training and development opportunities and share best practices
- Partner and collaborate with cross brand peers at Taco Bell, KFC, Habit and our parent company, Yum!.
- 7+ years of experience in the learning, development and training field; strong preference for QSR, restaurant or retail experience.
- 7+ years of experience leading a team in a fast paced, technology-forward environment including eLearning and virtual facilitation
- Experience overseeing LMS, LCMS platforms
- Ability to think strategically, and a demonstrated track record of implementing scalable solutions that meets current business needs
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects
- Strong presentation skills, comfort with speaking publicly with audiences of all sizes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree preferred - Major in Instructional Design, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Effectiveness or Human Resources Management preferred