If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting the location nearest you.
Sr. Scientist Product Development
Under minimal to moderate direction this position will:
* Develop new products and/or upgrade core products to meet consumer needs and business strategies.
* Demonstrate strong technical skills and foundation to support Food Innovation and Technology team objectives in Product Development, Food Safety, Quality Systems, Culinary and/or Nutrition.
* Develop specifications for new products and ingredients ensuring accuracy and compliance with supplier process capabilities.
* Conduct effective and 'planful' Design of Experiment testing and thorough, robust execution of experiments.
* Provide a 'project path' with details to coach and team to communicate issue you are working to solve, plan to address and resolution recommendations.
* Maintain organized and concise records of all technical and business activities.
* Provide support to Operations team to develop and validate BOH process/procedures to ensure simple and consistent execution in our restaurants.
* Approach projects with a practical approach and knowledge of Pizza Hut products, operational systems, supplier food processing capabilities and the impact of distribution chains.
* Ability to prioritize tasks in order to support multiple project timelines and stage gates effectively.
* Proactively brings thoughtful recommendations to cross functional teams that drive business results. Ability to substantiate recommendations with sound research, reasoning, data and knowledge of the business.
* Interface effectively and build strong relationships with suppliers and other supporting teams (Nutrition, FSQ, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Finance, Training, RSCS, Digital, etc.) to move projects forward and to work through identified issues.
* Provide ongoing technical support for products including assistance with field product performance during in –market testing and launches.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related discipline.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in innovation and demonstrated successes of product development in QSR, Casual Dinning or Food Manufacturing industries with a proven track record of test market and/or national launches
* Creative problem-solving skills to bridge the gap between product prototypes and product execution in restaurants and ability to utilize resources in new and more effective ways
* Attention to detail of multiple projects occurring at the same time by managing different timelines and project updates
* Ability to troubleshoot, including predicting and responding quickly to changes
* Awareness of key business drivers and strategy of company and how the strategies relate to innovation
* Self-motivated to work cross-functionally and drive know-how, both personally and within cross-functional teams
* Acts as a cultural role model by demonstrating Smart, Heart, and Courage regularly and inspiring technical teams to work towards common goals; positive outlook
* Uses intellectual and emotional strength to inspire team
* Ability to effectively communicate project updates both written and verbal in a way that is easy to understand and brings thoughtful suggestions on next steps
* Understanding of how technical work impacts the broader business and anticipates needs and challenges that will come from other functions. Gets ahead of these and brings solutions to the table.
* Storytelling skills to present data and results in a way that is easily understood and acted on by senior leaders
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).
Welcome to Pizza Hut® Careers
Pizza Hut is committed to breakthrough innovation and the success of our employees. From our world class operations to our passionate customer mania philosophy and an incredible franchise system, this is one great place to work! So come see what it's like to be with a global leader in the restaurant industry. You'll find a fun, fast paced and supportive culture, where all of our success comes from our belief in people, and investing in you is our top priority.