7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Strategic Communications Manager
Description:"Pizza Hut is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Pizza Hut requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law."
The Strategic Communications Manager plays a critical role in developing and executing on communications strategies that focus on differentiating the organization and aligning with business priorities. The manager will lead business communication efforts for our Technology and Operations functions.
The individual will frequently interact with leaders and their teams across the Pizza Hut business, Yum! brands and with our franchise/license partners to build awareness and drive results on key initiatives.
Develops and leads the execution of technology and operations communication strategies and change management with work that ranges from one-off communications that are needs based, to ongoing communications or large-scale campaigns.
- Work closely with the Technology and Operations leadership teams to calendar and provide regular updates to key stakeholders, while providing visibility to efforts
- Lead crisis communications for our Technology and Operations teams, working in partnership with our Technology Incident Leader, Quality Assurance and Restaurant readiness teams; develop a cohesive communications plan, templates, leader briefs, etc.
- Support the development of materials that effectively communicate the strategy to key stakeholders (Technology and Operations Leadership Teams, Pizza Hut Leadership team, Franchise community, Franchise Board and Committees, internal employees)
- Summarize strategic insights and implications in presentations, briefs, or other communications to leadership
- Demonstrate strong influencing skills; sought out for expertise and recommendations
- Create executive speaking points & FAQs for functional and company-wide employee communications
- Collaborate and build credibility with business partners to gain support for communications strategy and recommendations
Experience & minimum requirements:
Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- 7+ years of experience in Strategic Communications, Technology Communications (including crisis communications), and/or Management Consulting
- Self-starter with exceptional thought leadership and strong executive presence
- Strategic, analytical thinker with strong bias for fact-based decision-making
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment; proven track record of simultaneously and effectively managing complex projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Expert problem-solver adept at finding better ways to develop and manage processes
- Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority, build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different functions and all levels required
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail with business acumen
- High degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bachelor's degree - major is of interest, but what's of most interest is what you learned and how you've applied it in your career
- MBA and/or advanced degree a plus, but not required