7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Strategic & Financial Planning Summer MBA Intern
Pizza Hut is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM). Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,900 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
The Strategic & Financial Planning team at Pizza Hut works directly with the CFO and the broader Pizza Hut leadership team to drive profitable growth initiatives across functions and geographies. As a Pizza Hut Strategic & Financial Planning summer intern, you will get exposure to key areas of Finance including Strategy, Financial Planning, Capital Planning, Restaurant Development, Franchisee Recruiting, and Mergers & Acquisitions. In addition, you will get visibility to the rest of the Pizza Hut organization and make contributions to cross-functional project teams.
The summer internship is designed to provide interns with:
* Meaningful, project-based work experience to support key Pizza Hut growth initiatives
* Mentorship from seasoned professionals
* Opportunities to interact with Pizza Hut executives and other key leaders within Yum! Brands
* Work evaluation at mid-point & at conclusion of program to assess strengths & any developmental areas
* Broad exposure to multiple aspects of the Pizza Hut business globally
* Possibility of future career opportunities within Yum! Brands
The internship will be 8 – 12 weeks in duration (June through August 2019), depending on project needs and student's schedule.
* Support a key strategic project/work stream: scope, plan and execute qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop recommendations that will enable the leadership team to make critical business decisions
* Support financial & capital planning: independently lead a specific initiative and work to improve the quality of Financial & Capital reporting processes
* Effectively communicate insights, best practices, and recommendations to Pizza Hut leadership and other key stakeholders
* Work cross-functionally with Operations, e-Commerce, IT, Marketing, and New Concept Development teams as relevant
* Currently pursuing an MBA (expected to graduate in 2020)
* Strong track record of academic excellence
* Strategic, analytical thinker with strong bias for fact-based decision-making and with experience conducting financial analysis and managing varied data sets
* Demonstrates drive, intellectual curiosity and the ability to be a collaborative team player with a positive, can-do attitude
* Organizational skills, with the ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
* Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
* SQL and Tableau experience a plus
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).