7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Sr. Software Engineer- React (Remote)
In December 2018, Pizza Hut acquired QuikOrder, a leading online ordering software and service provider for the restaurant industry, in order to improve Pizza Hut's ability to deliver an easy and personalized online ordering experience and accelerate digital innovation across 6,000+ restaurants in the U.S.
Combined with Pizza Hut's already existing powerhouse technology team, Pizza Hut Connect officially launched in August, 2019. This new entity is now home to all Pizza Hut U.S. technology talent and capability, spanning eCommerce, Restaurant Technology, Delivery Technology, Data & Analytics Technology. The formation of Pizza Hut Connect underscores the important role technology will continue to play in Pizza Hut's future growth, as well as our intentional focus on investing in technology talent and capabilities.
The vision of Pizza Hut Connect is "to deliver the easiest experiences for customers, team members, and franchisees through rapid technology innovation.
Front End React Engineer
Scope of Role:
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js for both internal clients & customer facing applications.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience with React/Redux including developing and supporting production applications
- Experience with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Redux experience a plus
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning Git