7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Sr. Product Owner (Plano or Chicago)
Description:We are looking for a passionate, pizza-loving Product Manager/Owner to lead Pizza Hut's core app shopping experience. As a Product Manager/Owner at Pizza Hut, you are the ultimate owner of the customer experience - partnering closely with design, engineering, and data science teams to bring human-centered digital experiences to life.
In this role, you'll investigate and uncover ways to make it easier for pizza lovers to shop for their favorite Pizza Hut on our Mobile App. You'll analyze data to turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, accountable for increasing monthly active users and organic conversion rate and improving overall app performance.
Ideal Product Manager/Owner brings exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward best in class experiences, is entrepreneurial-minded, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Yum is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Strategy & Planning
- Assists in developing product strategy & roadmap by continuously analyzing customer and product data, competition, and trends to turn insights into actionable initiatives
- Prioritizes and refines product backlog in collaboration with lead engineer and design teams
- Ensures product provides customer value and that value is delivered early and often, in-sync with customer goals and business outcomes (e.g. MVPs, POC, iterative design, etc.)
- Runs their product as a business - owns and manages product performance by understanding business and consumer needs to determine and drive key objectives and results; provides regular reporting
- Makes decisions for product & clearly communicates priorities, ensures buy-in, alignment and support from key stakeholders & cross-functional teams
Delivery & Execution
- Creates requirements and synthesizes into user stories; Breaks requirements into iterative sprint-sized stories to optimize speed-to-value
- Develops project plans & participates in release process - manages risks, communicates product needs, and surfaces issues to cross-functional teams and key stakeholders
- Participates in stand-ups, grooming/planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives. Fosters team collaboration, co-creation, and open communication.
- Formulates hypotheses is to A/B test, prototype, or research, continually refining the product until desired outcome is achieved
- Participate in the release process as the product expert to surface any issues prior to release
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- 2-3 years of product owner, program/project management or digital strategy experience
- Bachelor's degree required or relevant experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies (epics, features, stories,), modern software development practices (test driven development) and tools (Jira, Confluence)