7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Sr. Manager Development- Pizza Hut Global
Description:WHO IS PIZZA HUT GLOBAL?
Pizza Hut Global/Yum! is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Pizza Hut Global/Yum! requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
We love pizza. We eat it a lot. There's no doubt about that and we're proud of it. But what makes us different is that it's our people that drive the success of our business. Alongside KFC, Taco Bell and The Habit Burger Grill, we are part of the Yum! family; the world's largest restaurant company with nearly 52,000 restaurants in over 150 countries. At Pizza Hut International (PHI), based in Plano, TX, we are on a journey to build the most loved global brand and the fastest growing in every country; we have big plans over the next 5 years to achieve explosive growth in a competitive and ever-growing market.
We are looking for our Sr. Manager, Development who will play a key part in advancing the Pizza Hut International new restaurant development strategy, through close collaboration with the Business Units Development teams. The role will be responsible for delivering growth through profitable expansion and be a key stakeholder in the Global Development team, supporting on all aspects of the function from strategy through to execution.
Organizations Supported: PHI + PHI BMUs & YUM! Corporate
Restaurants/Markets: 7 BMUs with over 11,000 restaurants
Direct Reports: 0
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
Development Strategy (35%)
- Be a key thought partner to the CDO, ILT and BMU Development leaders on PHI Development Strategy
- Provide clear messaging and communications to BMUs and franchisees on PHI Development strategy
Building BMU and Franchisee Capability (45%)
- Partnering to embed PHI's Development Capability Roadmap with BMUs & key Frzs
- Implementing and owning deployment of Development Colleges and Workshops across PHI
- Providing coaching and counselling to development leaders on key development priorities
- Provide hands on support and counsel to the development teams on key initiatives, ranging from building capability to ensuring robust pipeline management.
Market Planning & Site Selection (20%)
- Provide tools and know how to BMUs and franchisees on executing robust market planning
- Champion innovative thinking in this space and continuously explore ways of improving the PHI approach.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
- PHI Dallas
- Finance & Strategy + other functional teams
- PHI BMU Development teams
- YUM! Control and Finance
- Tango - AIS Vendor
IS THIS YOU?
- University Degree or higher
- 8 + years of experience in Restaurant or Retail Business Development, Franchising, Finance, &/or Strategy
- International experience strongly desired
- Previous Development experience in YUM! is a plus.
General Business Skills
- Project Management
- At ease in with cross-functional responsibilities and relationships across various styles and cultures
- True ability to develop an independent point of view in direct areas of responsibility
- Ability to influence/build relationships with all levels of the organizations
- Communications, both upward and downward
- Commercially savvy
- Ability to coach and develop both direct reports and peers
- Adaptability. Comfortable with dynamic environments.
- Communication & Influence. Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Continuous Learning. Track record for demonstrating the hunger and capacity to learn and quickly apply knowledge to action.
- Critical Thinking. Experience with conducting thoughtful analysis of complex business arrangements & the ability to articulate tactics and strategies clearly.
- Organizational Abilities. Allowing a smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
- Relationship Management. Track record of being able to foster strong relationships with colleagues, partners and clients (internal and external) across various styles and cultures.