1900 Colonel Sanders Lane
Louisville, KY 40213
Sr. Linux Systems Engineer – Restaurant Tech SRE Team
This Sr. Systems Engineer role at Pizza Hut will be accountable for maintaining the Linux Operating System for restaurant applications, while safeguarding security. This includes remote support of several types of PC-class machines and their peripherals. The engineer will be responsible for the custom configuration of systems as well as analysis of the overall infrastructure to enhance efficiency.
* Design, develop, and test OS-level updates on various Linux systems running Ubuntu.
* Analyze security vulnerabilities, develop remediation plans, and implement/test such plans.
* Integrate with 3rd Party security solutions, such as endpoint protection, encryption key management, and SIEM solutions.
* Evaluate and configure new hardware peripherals for use in the restaurant, such as printers, point-of-sale terminals, cash registers, credit card readers, and biometric devices.
* Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot OS-level integration points.
* Automate tasks related to configuration, implementation, and support processes.
* 5+ years of experience in Linux OS systems support/administration. Experience with Ubuntu in a large remote environment is desired.
* Strong bash scripting experience. Experience in python, PERL, C++ or Node.js is a plus.
* Working knowledge of security concepts on Linux is required. These concepts may include data encryption methods, LDAP, PAM, Apparmor and/or SELinux, anti-virus tools, security logging and monitoring, user account configurations, firewalls, and web browser policies. Experience with PCI_DSS is a plus.
* Experience with Github, Bitbucket (or other version control technologies) is required.
* Experience with drbd, LVM, boot methods (grub/UEFI) and Linux system startup processes (systemd/init) is desired.
* Experience with any of the following is a plus: migration of Linux systems to an AWS Cloud, implementing DevOps (CI/CD) pipelines, configuring hardware and display devices on Linux.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.