7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Sr. Director of Engineering
Description:Pizza Hut is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Pizza Hut requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
As a Director of Engineering at Pizza Hut, you will be a key player in helping us craft our future vision for a highly connected digital and in-store technology platform built to support the core business vision for Pizza Hut US. You will be a primary owner of our engineering culture and will work with your peers and managers to lead our SDLC processes, coding standards, hiring and career growth for your teams.
You will use your experiences managing people, projects, teams, and relationships to drive and nurture an amazing engineering culture fully engaged to understand broader business needs and deliver amazing technology solutions and platforms. You will build and nurture strong relationships and understanding with leaders in our product organizations and the broader business to influence our business strategy, and to best envision and lead our technology strategy and architecture.
You will oversee the day-to-day engineering execution and lead through your Sr. Managers and Managers to ensure that our cultural goals and principals lead to amazing execution by your engineering teams. You will use your engineering experience and background to get into the details where needed, while also maintaining a strategic mindset to help guide and influence your teams and leaders to stay focused on our primary engineering goals and business outcomes.
- Responsible for architecture and engineering to build & integrate products that support Pizza Hut's end-to-end customer journeys including in-store technology, cloud-based API platforms, and online digital channels including mobile apps and web sites.
- Strong partnership with the product and ux organization to create high quality customer centric solutions.
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of technology professionals, leading them to meet Pizza Hut's expectations for quality and achievement.
- Cultivate an engineering culture that emphasizes deep business alignment, accountability for outcomes, and continuous improvement.
- Be a leader of change and technology transformation while balancing business, infrastructure, and technology needs.
- Provide expert and strategic advice to members of the leadership team on all technology matters
- Oversee engineering practice and methodologies to ensure the organization maintains the balance between modern, industry leading techniques and proven approaches.
- Influence and oversee your division's budget to ensure efficient spend and correct investment to achieve maximum business value.
- Demonstrated success leading multiple teams running all aspects of software delivery.
- Experience in a product model organization where you collaborate with product leadership and provide influence, resources, and vision to cross functional product teams.
- Experience working across business functions to understand business initiatives and craft technology projects to deliver on those initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience creating and implementing software architecture and systems, with a strong preference for direct personal experience as a software engineer.
- 10+ years of experience in formal leadership roles managing and directing multiple engineering teams and other leaders.
- Has proven track record of building highly available and secure systems for high volume systems.
- Has strong solution architecture experience, able to create the technology transition roadmaps for the organization.
- Has strong technical acumen with the following areas: CI/CD, Automation, Container Orchestration, Public Clouds (AWS, GCP), Networking, AI/ML, Data/Analytics, and API Driven architecture.
- Highly Preferred: Engineering experience in developing products for restaurant or retail industries