7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Software Engineering Manager
Description:The Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of developers in the completion of engineering projects. Primary duties include hiring and training qualified engineering staff, as well as helping their staff run tests or troubleshoot issues in services/applications. First-time managers are encouraged to apply.
- Manage a team of up to ten developers to produce effective and efficient code.
- Ensure projects are on time, on budget, and that clients are happy.
- Ensure continuous professional development for your team and for the company as a whole.
- Design, maintain, assess, and debug technical architecture and codebases.
- Code Quality
- Code review practices and audits.
- Test coverage and frameworks.
- Solution design process for product requests.
- Approval of architectural approach by engineers.
- Cross-discipline architectural alignments.
- Engineering Practices
- Coding style guides.
- Approval of new frameworks, approaches, and languages.
- Management of dependencies, upgrades, and general ecosystem health.
- Assignment of resources to product PODs/Teams.
- Collaborate and coordinate with project managers, ensuring technical excellence for products.
- Support hiring and operations, as they relate to the engineering team and technical decision-making.
- Communicate with clients and translate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Go, PHP, React, React Native, or Node.
- Experience with cloud-based distributed systems like AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience with real-time data processing technology like Kafka, Storm, Spark, etc.