444 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
Description:Pizza Hut is looking for a Software Engineer -full stack with in-depth hands on development experience to work on our current and new applications.
The Software Engineers main responsibility is to design, develop and support the front-end and back-end services of our current and new applications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion to code, a curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways, and compassion when working with multiple internal team members to accomplish a shared vision. Some one who also possess a good level of communication to foster collaboration and partnership across a variety of team members.
Defining customer experience
* Work with Business Analyst and Business Teams and contribute towards customer experience in the tools
* Collaborate with team members during the creation screens and wireframes.
* Contribute towards identifying how to improve the customer's experience in a phased approach
* Use data and prototypes to test concepts and theories
Choose the best technical solution
* Work closely with the managers and architects to analyze possible technical solutions for business needs.
* Using Agile principles; create features and stories to guide development and implementation of the chosen solution
* When required develop code (Proof Of Concept) to test concepts and theories
* On board on the exisiting framework and contribute to adding new modules to the main application.
* Work with CloudOps team to set up the CI/CD pipelines and produce the required documentation to deploy the respective micro services in PH's AWS cloud infrastructure.
* Evaluate existing framework and come up with recommendations.
* Design and Create application database in MongoDB
* Strong focus on software quality via developer level testing and test automation
Ensure project execution is smooth and on time
* Raise potential scope/technical issues to the team
* Estimate work and be accountable for delivering on tasks and communicate that in a timely fashion.
* Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release phases
Ensure the project's success when launched
* Coordinate with Operations and Communications teams to ensure proper use and support of the solution
* Work with Technology Support teams to monitor and ensure the robustness of the solution
Create a solution that the support team can support
* Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
* Do the required knowledge transfer to the support team.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience
* Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment
* Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Agile development methodology
* Self-Organize and must be able to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
* Experience in designing and developing scalable, highly available and maintainable internet applications.
* Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong sense of ownership
* Extensive knowledge with application development using core Java,Spring and Spring Boot framework
* Additional experience with React, Angular 2+, Typescript is preferred
* Good working knowledge of micro services, web services, RESTful interfaces
* Good Knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, Servlet, JDBC, JPA)
* Good knowledge with cloud computing platforms- Amazon Web Services (Certification preferred)
* Experience with relational databases and noSQL databases, preferably with MongoDB.
* Experience with Tomcat Servers, Git, maven and Gradle.
* Experience with Agile Tools and technologies.
* Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and using DevOps tools.
* Experience with Shell scripting is preferred.