7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 60602
Site Reliability Engineer
In December 2018, Pizza Hut acquired QuikOrder, a leading online ordering software and service provider for the restaurant industry, in order to improve Pizza Hut's ability to deliver an easy and personalized online ordering experience and accelerate digital innovation across 6,000+ restaurants in the U.S.
Combined with Pizza Hut's already existing powerhouse technology team, Pizza Hut Connect officially launched in August, 2019. This new entity is now home to all Pizza Hut U.S. technology talent and capability, spanning eCommerce, Restaurant Technology, Delivery Technology, Data & Analytics Technology. The formation of Pizza Hut Connect underscores the important role technology will continue to play in Pizza Hut's future growth, as well as our intentional focus on investing in technology talent and capabilities.
The vision of Pizza Hut Connect is "to deliver the easiest experiences for customers, team members, and franchisees through rapid technology innovation."
Job Description - Site Reliability Engineer
Are you equally passionate about the joys of engineering software features and working through real-world operational challenges and problems? Do you find yourself filling the gaps between "dev" and "ops" more often than not? Do people from feature engineering to ops to the management team come to when they have a problem no one else seems to be able to solve?
If so, you might be just the person we are looking for to fill our Senior Site Reliability Engineering role at Pizza Hut. Site Reliability Engineers are just as adept at software engineering as they are able to be at their best in the crunch of a production outage. They get the true meaning of the phrase "work smarter, not harder", and are able to bring their enormous technical and troubleshooting skill set to bear to help improve speed and efficiency for the organization they are a part of. Pizza Hut is seeking just this kind of person to join our eCommerce engineering team to assist as we continue to scale our cutting-edge container-based cloud hosted solutions. In this role, you will work directly with the feature engineering teams to help bring those solutions to production in a safe and supportable way. You will contribute to designing and implementing improvements to our build pipelines & our monitoring and support strategy.
Your time will be split between several Dev Ops Disciplines including:
* Building infrastructure in both AWS and GCP
* Progressing code from development to production through automation leveraging blue green and canary deployment techniques.
* Real-Time service management inclusive of building monitoring for the golden signal SLIs, negotiating SLOs with the business, building alerting, creating playbooks and runbooks for services in conjunction with development teams, product owners and support
* With relentless fervor, ensure that all teams are seeking opportunities to automate processes wherever possible. Seek to minimize or eliminate manual hand-offs and to also link all automated workflows. Assist teams in producing business case analysis to ensure clear messaging as to the 'why' of automation improvements.
* 5+ years systems programming experience. I.e. writing backend systems and tools using languages such as Go, Java, Python, Ruby, Etc.
* 3+ years specifically working in Go
* 5+ years managing production Unix based infrastructure particularly services and applications running within servers and virtual machines.
* 2+ years of experience with building and running docker containers in production environments
* 3+ years working with REST APIs as both an API provider as well as consumer
* Experience running workloads in a major cloud provider such as GCP or AWS
* Experience running all tiers of application infrastructure including web servers, app servers, databases, etc.
* Experience with build systems & pipelining with tools such as Circle CI, Google Cloud Build, Jenkins, GitLab, and Spinnaker