7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Forecasting
Description:The Senior Manager of Strategic Planning & Forecasting plays a key role in the organization's integrated planning and strategic communications process and provides critical analyses and data-driven insights to the Pizza Hut Digital Ventures & Technology team. Pizza Hut International and YUM! have been building up digital and technology muscle and recently announced the acquisition of a restaurant technology company. This is role is critical to drive evolution of these new businesses at a global scale and is already reaching $1 Billion in Online Sales.
The Senior Manager will work with cross-functional partners within the technology business as well as the Central Finance & Strategy team to define goals, financial plans/models, establish KPIs, ensure sound execution of plan, and communicate progress with key stakeholders.
The Senior Manager will be empowered to identify emerging opportunities to enable step-change growth through the business and to support the relevant teams with execution of these opportunities. The position requires exceptional analytical, organizational, and oral and written communication skills, demonstrates a strong attention to detail, thrives in a very fast-paced, collaborative environment and has the ability to influence others even without direct authority.
Yum! is passionate about hiring and developing high-potential individuals and giving them long-term, international careers. The organization hires based on cultural fit, leadership ability and one's potential to grow, and actively moves people cross-functionally at all levels. To succeed at Yum! at a senior level, you will need to be an inspiring heart-led leader, driven, open, and with a growth mindset. Yum! actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to):
- Lead, coordinate and drive strategy discussions with senior leaders such as the preparation and execution of key elements of the strategic planning process including development of the brand's Annual Operating Plan and long-term market growth plans
- Create presentation materials for Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Forecast Reviews, and other Executive-level content to effectively communicate the strategy and plan to key stakeholders
- Evolve the management reporting for key KPIs with and through stakeholders, peers and direct reports to understand business performance, understand key risk/opportunities on P&L and Capital investments and to drive corrective actions with peers
- Support financial planning integration of the newly acquired company into Yum!'s system
- Work with key stakeholders to establish quarterly & annual forecasts
- Analyse progress and drive corrective actions with and through others
- Conduct analyses and build business cases to develop and evolve digital & technology business & operating model at a global scale
- for ideas significantly improving operating performance and deliver sustained business results
- Analyse performance against these new opportunities and partner with teams to adjust accordingly based on performance
- Collaborate and build credibility with business partners to gain support for analysis and recommendations
- Codify learnings, share best practices and provide thought leadership to cross-functional and cross-region partners across the organisation
- Summarize insights and implications in presentations or other communications to leadership
- Establish and grow a team with 1-2 Direct reports
- Own strategic projects, requests and/ or analysis, as needed
- People first mindset and people grower!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface directly with and influence Franchisees, Leadership Team members, and cross-functional partners
- A strategic, commercial and analytical mindset with a record of both pragmatic problem-solving and driving breakthrough results
- Proven ability to navigate through an ambiguous and dynamic working environment
- Self-starter with an ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with high expectations
- In addition to being a collaborative team player, ability to build and sustain relationships across all functions and through all levels in an organization to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of business plans
- MBA is required
- CPA or equivalent Accountant designation is an asset
- Prior consulting and/or multi-national experience is highly regarded
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially building Executive-level PowerPoint presentations and conducting data collection and analysis in Excel