444 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
Senior Director Of Engineering
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 45,000 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. In 2018, Yum! Brands was recognized as part of the inaugural Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. In 2017, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine.
The company's restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over seven new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.
A subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Pizza Hut delivers more pizza, pasta and wings than any other restaurant in the world. Pizza Hut's purpose is to make it easier to get a better pizza. With more than 55 years of experience under its belt, it understands how to best serve its customers through tried and true service principles. Instead of following trends, it sets them. It creates food it's proud to serve and delivers it fast, with a smile. Pizza Hut stands for bold innovation and aims to become world's most-loved and fastest-growing pizza company, by being both 'easy' and 'better'. This vision and purpose will be realized through a five-year strategy built on five pillars of:
* Digital and Technology Excellence
* A distinct, relevant brand
* Unmatched franchise capability
* Bold restaurant development
* Unrivalled talent and culture
With over 16,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries (and two new stores opening every day), $12bn in system sales and 350,000 team members across the world, Pizza Hut has grown from modest beginnings to be the largest pizza company in the world. Pizza Hut is adopting a digital mind-set and aims to be a leading global digital brand that happens to sell pizza.
Pizza Hut Connect
In December 2018, Pizza Hut acquired QuikOrder, a leading online ordering software and service provider for the restaurant industry, in order to improve Pizza Hut's ability to deliver an easy and personalized online ordering experience and accelerate digital innovation across 6,000+ restaurants in the U.S.
Combined with Pizza Hut's already existing powerhouse technology team, Pizza Hut Connect officially launched in August, 2019. This new entity is now home to all Pizza Hut U.S. technology talent and capability, spanning eCommerce, Restaurant Technology, Delivery Technology, Data & Analytics Technology. The formation of Pizza Hut Connect underscores the important role technology will continue to play in Pizza Hut's future growth, as well as our intentional focus on investing in technology talent and capabilities.
The vision of Pizza Hut Connect is "to deliver the easiest experiences for customers, team members, and franchisees through rapid technology innovation."
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The Sr. Director of Software Engineering will lead a large engineering team focused on delivering world-class eCommerce capabilities for a $3B eCommerce business. This role will:
* Recruit, motivate, mentor, and retain world class eCommerce engineering talent
* Lead transformation from legacy, monolithic architecture to modern eCommerce architecture (more about technologies here…)
* Work closely with eCommerce product organization to define product roadmap, including technical debt remediation & architectural improvements, and to sequence delivery appropriately
* Deliver on the established eCommerce roadmap within scope, schedule, budget, and quality commitments
* Champion Agile and DevOps as a means to increase velocity, quality, and predictability of application delivery
* Instill a mindset of continuous improvement, with a goal to drive faster speed to market at a lower cost.
* Implement robust operational processes, instrumentation, telemetry, and event alerting to ensure high level of operational stability.
* Maintain a strong understanding of current and future industry trends and a passion for innovation; Leverage emerging technologies where relevant to accelerate business results and future-proof solutions.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The Sr. Director of Software Engineering will possess the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or relevant field of study
* 10+ years of experience in eCommerce application delivery (website, mobile web, and mobile app), with demonstrated progression of responsibilities
* 5+ years of experience in a technology leadership role with direct and indirect reports and people leadership responsibilities
* 5+ years of experience managing geographically distributed development teams across multiple locations to achieve business & technical outcomes
* 5+ years of experience with budgetary responsibility.
* 10+ years of experience with Agile software development
* 5+ years of experience creating well-structured, highly functioning engineering teams
* 5+ years of experience building large-scale web services and micro-services-based applications in a cloud environment
* In-depth experience architecting, delivering, and operating large scale, highly available eCommerce systems
* Experience with Single Page Application (SPA) web architecture and associated frameworks (notably React and Angular)
* Experience in leveraging and evolving a Continuous Delivery/Integration pipeline and QA Automation to drive agility
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).