7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Senior Analyst, Mergers & Acquisitions Commercial Development- Pizza Hut Global
Description:We love pizza. We eat it a lot. There's no doubt about that and we're proud of it. But what makes us different is that it's our people that drive the success of our business. Alongside KFC, Taco Bell and The Habit Burger Grill, we are part of the Yum! family; the world's largest restaurant company with nearly 52,000 restaurants in over 150 countries. At Pizza Hut Global (PHG) based in Plano, TX, we are on a journey to build the most loved global brand and the fastest growing in every country; we have big plans over the next 5 years to achieve explosive growth in a competitive and ever-growing market.
Come join a fast-pace, high-performance team dedicated to unlocking Pizza Hut's Growth via M&A and Commercial Development Proposals! The Sr. Analyst, M&A role will report to the Director, M&A; supporting Pizza Hut's M&A strategy. This role will partner with our markets to assist with brand acquisitions and conversion M&A deals around the world that drive shareholder value. The M&A/Commercial Development Sr. Analyst also plays a central role in accelerating Pizza Hut's new unit growth through analytical expertise and strategic insight on Development Agreements and other Franchisee structure/growth proposals. This will also require modeling, financial analysis, coordinating diligence efforts, preparing written materials, and managing internal stakeholders for work related to PHG's Inorganic/M&A and other Franchisee growth proposals.
This position partners with teams from Legal, Finance, HR, and Operations, as well as Franchisees and Lenders, providing significant exposure to leaders throughout the organization. We are looking for someone who is courageous, entrepreneurial and has a growth mindset with a genuine passion to build a legacy. If this sounds like you, give us a shout! And yes, there will be free pizza.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Time will be split working on transaction related projects between the M&A and Development functions, as follows:
- Develops a system to track and maintain deal flow.
- Conducts due diligence on targets and provides second layer analysis of materials produced by BMUs or third-party advisors.
- Develops robust financial models and creates deal materials that help drive M&A/investing decisions.
- Prepares materials for presentation to senior leadership and/or Yum Deal Committee.
- Is a key thought partner to the Chief Growth Officer/Chief Development Officer, Leadership Team and BMU Development leaders on PHG Development Strategy Inorganic/M&A, Development Agreement/Incentive and other Franchisee structure/growth levers.
- Leads modelling and financial analysis to inform Development growth decisions, including evaluation with Yum!/PHG Finance & Legal on commercial and policy implications. Engages with and influences stakeholders and senior leaders to ensure alignment and approval, including creation of presentation materials.
- Guides and participates with BMUs/Franchisees/External parties in designing structures, performing due diligence, and creating final binding agreements across multiple geographies. Manages internal implications across Legal, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, etc.
- Works directly with a diverse, global team
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
- Partners with M&A teams and brands on brand acquisitions and conversion M&A deals, as assigned.
- Yum and PHG LT & Deal Committee.
- External parties, including Consultants and Bank/Financing providers.
- BMU CGOs/CDOs & Development Teams.
- PHG LT & cross-functional leaders, especially Finance & Legal.
- Yum!/cross-brand Franchisee Policy Committee leaders.
IS THIS YOU?
- Bachelor's degree required in Business - Finance and/or Accounting concentration; MBA or CFA designation preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience in M&A, Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Private Equity or Business Valuation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Comfort presenting to, and influencing people in positions of power and authority.
- Self-directed, able to prioritize initiatives and execute independently and in collaboration with others, to agreed deadlines.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to understand legal documents.
- Financial analysis capabilities, including clear and thorough understanding of financial modeling, valuation techniques, and financial statement analysis.
- Technical Skills: Capital IQ, PitchBook, DealCloud (buyer tracking CRM), Bloomberg, and Microsoft Office Suite, including strong modeling skills.
- International experience strongly desired.
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry and franchise economics.
- Track record of consistently achieving or exceeding goals.
DIVERSITY: EVERYONE AT THE TABLE
Pizza Hut, as a member of the Yum! Brands Family, recognizes the importance of having an inclusive culture with diverse team members and a steadfast commitment to developing a company culture where everyone feels respected. One of Pizza Hut's core values is to believe in all people and we create environments where differences are sought out and celebrated.