7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Scientist, Product Development
This position is responsible for the product development of U.S. Pizza Hut products, food ingredients and processes, from ingredient development through product specifications. This involves commercializing culinary gold standard prototypes into viable products that work throughout the Pizza Hut US system, including enhancing product quality, optimizing costs and ensuring nutritional standards are achieved. The person holding this position will have science and technology knowledge to lead product development and commercialization while applying their innovator-at-heart mentality to problem solve.
Under moderate direction this position will …
* Lead new and/or core product development to meet consumer needs and business strategies.
* Demonstrate technical skills and foundation to support Food Innovation and Technology team objectives in Product Development, Food Safety, Quality Systems, Culinary and/or Nutrition.
* Develop specifications for new products and ingredients ensuring accuracy and compliance with Yum! Requirements and supplier process capabilities.
* Provide a 'project path' with details to coach and team to communicate project milestones, plan and resolution recommendations for any hurdles/issues.
* Prioritize simultaneous product development projects to provide proactive and timely support for multiple brand marketing-led initiatives
* Conduct and leverage cross-functional support for effective and 'planful' Design of Experiment testing and thorough, robust execution of experiments.
* Build trust and Collaborate with other supporting teams (Nutrition, FSQ, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Finance, Training, Supply Chain, Digital, etc.) to move projects forward and to work through identified issues.
* Provide support to Operations team to develop and validate BOH process/procedures to ensure simple and consistent execution in our restaurants.
* Bring thoughtful recommendations supported by data, to cross functional teams to support driving business results
* Ensure project goals met at all times through trusted supplier relationships and proactive communication
* Continually build and leverage knowledge of Pizza Hut products, operational systems, supplier food processing capabilities and the impact of distribution when problem-solving for all projects.
* Motivated self-starter, and with moderate supervision, focus on building product development and business thought leadership.
* Maintain organized and concise records of all technical and business activities
* Provide ongoing technical support for products during in –market testing and national launches, including assistance with field product performance
EDUCATION: Associate Degree in Food or Culinary Science 5 years of experience or Bachelor's degree in food science or related discipline and at least 2 to 5 years of experience
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
* A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in food-beverage innovation, product development and/or commercialization. Experience with QSR, Casual Dining and/or Food Manufacturing is a plus.
* A lover of all things food-related: trying new and different foods, flavors and textures, exploring and learning about food trends, restaurants and technologies.
* Creative thinker with proactive problem-solving skills
* Flexibility and adaptability; ability to quickly and positively respond to changes in projects and business
* Attention to detail; ability to proactively manage and update coach/peers on multiple projects with simultaneous timelines
* Seeker of new knowledge and learning, who also enjoys sharing expertise
* Live the Yum! culture by demonstrating Smart, Heart, and Courage with a positive, collaborative mindset
* Professional poise to convey confidence and build positive relationships with peers, suppliers, and cross-functional partners
* Clear, concise written and verbal communication tailored to your audience's perspective and needs
* Understanding of how technical work impacts the broader business; Anticipates needs and challenges that will come from other functions
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).