7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Restaurant Food Safety Scientist
The Restaurant Food Safety Scientist is part of the broader Food Safety & Quality (FSQ) team which is focused on food safety risk prevention from field to fork. The candidate will need to develop strong relationships with cross functional partners, other brand / YUM FSQ teams, suppliers, restaurant field operators including Franchise and Licensee partners. The person must have a passion for food safety and the drive to foster continuous improvement.
* Primary brand contact with Health Department & Regulatory Agencies to answer questions and ensure that brand standards and processes are in regulatory compliance.
* Lead Food Safety Training Program for FSQ team by partnering with training development and training technologies teams to drive innovative solutions to common problems.
* Drive Food Safety Automation enhancements, data analytics and date visualization to increase team engagement and reduce time and barriers to effective food safety performance.
* Steer Pest Program direction and act as primary brand contact with approved Pest Management Professionals while exploring next generation technology to communicate and verify issue remediation.
Lead Cleaning Chemicals Program for the brand to maintain an efficient program coupled with creative cleaning communications to inspire restaurant teams in taking pride in their workplace.
* Bachelor degree required in a Food Science, Environmental Health or related field; Master's degree preferred
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
* 3-5+ years restaurant chain, regulatory, compliance, block-chain or quality assurance experience
* Microsoft Office proficiency required (Excel experience with formula and macro analytical and pivot table expertise, also Tableau, BI or Sales Force experience is beneficial)
* Strong relationship builder with a skill for finding mutually beneficial solutions to drive progress and growth
* Broad thinker who also possesses the ability to manage details, yet can break down complex situations to the key questions and offer solutions
* Candidate will have both strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills
* Strong understanding of food safety regulations, best practices, HACCP and pre-requisite programs
* Work experience in food safety, HACCP and a strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations for restaurants is required
* Positive energy in delivering a customer service mindset and food safety first culture
Ability to travel up to 10% (occasionally with very short notice)
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM),serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com. Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut)