7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Restaurant Capability Manager - Pizza Hut Global
Description:We love pizza. We eat it a lot. There's no doubt about that and we're proud of it. But what makes us different is that it's our people that drive the success of our business. Alongside KFC, Taco Bell and The Habit Burger Grill, we are part of the Yum! family; the world's largest restaurant company with nearly 52,000 restaurants in over 150 countries. At Pizza Hut Global (PHG) based in Plano, TX, we are on a journey to build the most loved global brand and the fastest growing in every country; we have big plans over the next 5 years to achieve explosive growth in a competitive and ever-growing market.
As Restaurant People Capability Manager, you are focused on building the best jobs for our teams around the world. To create the best jobs, you will:
• Put yourself in the shoes of our restaurant teams and actively work to understand their day-to-day experience, as that is how you will create the most relevant and impactful tools for their success.
• Help craft a culture that attracts and retains talent through ensuring we offer the best L&D programs, people systems and tools that position us for success now and in the future
• You design with the understanding that our global franchisees and business operating units will be activating this locally with their teams
• You design with a global mindset understanding the deep collaboration with global franchisees and business operating units for local activation
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
- Lead completion of Employee Experience Mapping research and develop outputs and action plans
- Create and lead restaurant capability strategy that incorporates Employee Experience Mapping, aligns with organizational strategy and builds the skillsets needed within our restaurant roles to create the best jobs in the industry
- Ensure our core curriculum for our restaurant roles (Team Member - Area Coach) is relevant and engaging to our teams, and supports driving business performance forward; includes content design and vendor management
- Refresh current restaurant management L&D framework to prepare leaders for their roles and support ongoing leadership development, evaluate current programs against needs and continually improve offering to ensure it is relevant for the end user.
- Continue leadership against current target of 100% RGMs through Yum! Leadership programs by working closely with business unit HR Leaders and/or Chief People Officers
- Support with operations initiatives that touch the restaurant teams; this includes tech innovation, content creation for global launches and participation in global operations meetings
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager Operations Capability, Manager Training Technology and Team Member Culture Leader on creating the best jobs and building overall field people capability
- Responsible for vendor management for applicable projects
- Responsible for budget management for projects and role t&e
- Estimated market travel: 2 international, 2 domestic trips a year
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
- Sr. Manager Operations Capability
- Manager Training Technology
- GFM HRBPs, Operating Unit HRBPS
- Team Member Culture Leaders
- Operations Partners
- Franchisees (ad hoc)
IS THIS YOU?
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's degree preferred (in instructional design or similar discipline)
- 5+ years of learning & development experience
- eLearning expertise with experience developing courses
- Instructional design expertise and experience
- Operations experience preferred, experience with franchise models a plus
- A change agent: progressively challenging the team and organization to continuously improve
- Ability to coach, develop and influence others across the business - especially senior leaders within our central and franchise teams
- Ability to navigate across different cultures within a global business
- Inclusive leader who brings people and ideas together
- Strong project management skills, ability to make timely decisions and drive progress in L&D
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize
- Accountable self-starter
DIVERSITY: EVERYONE AT THE TABLE
Pizza Hut, as a member of the Yum! Brands Family, recognizes the importance of having an inclusive culture with diverse team members and a steadfast commitment to developing a company culture where everyone feels respected. One of Pizza Hut's core values is to believe in all people and we create environments where differences are sought out and celebrated.