7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Real Estate Manager
Description:The Real Estate Manager will be responsible for managing the new unit pipeline and real estate transactions for various corporate development markets. Manage overall pipeline, broker relationships, and lease/purchase transactions for Pizza Hut corporate development program in the territory covered. Partner with extended team throughout the development process for new corporate locations, delivering on key performance metrics including Time, Cost, and Quality.
- Primary point of contact for corporate development related activity in various markets. Build relationships with key partners to influence and build a robust development pipeline. Support ongoing development results aligned with those plans.
- Schedule and lead routine field visits and trade area sites rides inclusive of local broker partners, Corporate Development Leader, and Operations Leaders.
- Perform comprehensive financial modeling to ensure unit level metrics are in compliance with program guardrails.
- Manage and drive preliminary phases of corporate development process. This includes market planning, site selection & approval, and real estate contracts. Work in tandem with internal and external architects and construction managers to ensure seamless transitions into permitting, construction, and turnover/grand opening for each location.
- Attain all corporate development approvals for timely new store openings within territory. Complete accurate forecasting and risk assessment for each proposed development deal.
- Utilize project management processes to develop and maintain a pipeline of projects, track progress against milestones, and effectively communicate progress and results.
- Ensure all Pizza Hut development activity within territory covered is compliant and consistent with all related processes and policies, including Pizza Hut and Yum! development approval requirements.
- Execute against aligned upon market plans and asset strategy planning processes. Perform benchmarking and competitive analysis within priority markets for territory covered.
- Work closely with legal department to timely negotiate and secure real estate transactions. Serve as point person to quickly resolve open issues with landlords and/or developers.
- Support Pizza Hut Development Team as needed in planning, business reviews, and ad hoc projects.
- Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline priorities.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in real estate, finance, business or related field. Masters in Real Estate or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5+years of market planning, real estate, development related experience with demonstrated organizational impact and increasing responsibility in related areas. Experience in franchise, multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in broad development technical areas. This includes site selection, trade area analysis, real estate contract negotiating, construction management, facilities management, and architecture.
- Well-developed knowledge of QSR landscape and real estate norms and trends across key DMA's.
- Relevant development / real estate experience with an understanding of multiple asset formats will be important.
- A wide network within the real estate community, including Real Estate Brokers, Town Planners, Developers and Chambers of Commerce will be beneficial.
- Sound internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and a desire to have a large commercial impact on the organization. Being a Customer Maniac is a must.
- Advanced influencing, negotiation, and sales skills.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent Project Management skills. Past success driving results via creative thinking and problem solving.
- Clear and effective communication across all media (face to face, by phone, in writing) with people at various levels, whether internal or external to the organization, including Franchisees. Ability to partner well with cross functional departments.
- Ability to efficiently manage workload with shifting priorities. Can work autonomously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment while generating actionable recommendations.
- Strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of Power BI, SmartSheet, Microstrategy, GIS analytics, and real estate related tools is a plus