7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
QA Manager (Pizza Hut International)
* Lead the food safety and quality agenda managing todays hypersensitive safety conscious consumer driving a long term strategy to assure effective anticipation & mitigation of risk to consumer health, legal compliance, Brand standards and YUM!'s global requirements.
* Drive the food safety roadmap in the region providing visibility of the strategy to gain support from all required departments, including Franchise partners and ensure restaurant ready launches of any new process.
* Develop expert and capable technical resources at our Franchise organisations to ensure:
Regulatory compliance in the supply chain and restaurant operations
Efficient markets compliance and performance along the supply chain
Assistance with problem solving and crisis resolution
Education with respect to Yum!'s core standards, processes and technologies.
* Assure continuous improvement in Food Safety Culture, risk assessment and Food safety goal achievement
* Development & deployment of enterprise systems & tools to support compliance of our Franchisees using a robust multi layered safety system critical to engage all key actors in the supply chain.
* Ability to play an integration role for the new Master Franchisees in the region, working very closely with the Global Food safety community and interacting with a technical expert QA global function as part of the new Yum!
* Capability to engage, influence & align other Yum! functions & Franchise partners in pursuit of continuous improvement objectives in Food Safety
* Reporting Food Safety compliance and performance metrics to Yum!
* Effective Crisis Management & Problem solving to be able to protect consumers and the PH brand
* Develop an effective oversight of Food Safety risk in the Market, Franchisees and supplier system.
* Identification of emerging risk and effective response through Regulatory engagement, Risk analytics, Competitor & Industry reviews.
* Guarantee food safety audits are effective and auditors well trained in alignment to global YUM! Requirements.
* Contribute on the translation of Policy into strategy and organizational alignment and keep developing Food Safety Culture ("Trust In Every Bite").
* Goal-setting and coaching for Food Safety Compliance & Performance.
Judgment & Decision Making:
* Implementation on food safety and QA to ensure legal and global Yum! compliance
* Lead on handling crisis and customer complaints appropriately
* Risk management on food safety/pest proof restaurant/kitchen layout.
* Technical expert on risk assessment on new suppliers and vendors
* Develop procedures and processes according to the latest legal requirements and take latest scientific and technical developments into account with focus on food safety agenda and customer experience are met
* Identify opportunities to improve ingredients and optimize supply chain and food cost
Education & Experience:
* Minimum of five to eight (5-8) years food industry QA experience in a manufacturing or retail sector, or equivalent experience
* Post-Secondary Degree in Food Science and/or Microbiology
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Proficient in MS Office
* Strong influencing capabilities
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task several priorities
* Training in HACCP, SPC, GMPs, Auditing, Microbiology and risk assessment
* Minimum of 5 years technical management or restaurant food safety experience preferably in food service sector
* Spanish language written and spoken required, Portuguese a plus
* Auditor training
* GlobalGap training
* HACCP training
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).