444 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
QA Automation Engineer
In December 2018, Pizza Hut acquired a leading online ordering software and service provider for the restaurant industry, in order to improve Pizza Hut's ability to deliver an easy and personalized online ordering experience and accelerate digital innovation across 6,000+ restaurants in the U.S.
Combined with Pizza Hut's already existing powerhouse technology team, Pizza Hut Connect officially launched in August, 2019. This new entity is now home to all Pizza Hut U.S. technology talent and capability, spanning eCommerce, Restaurant Technology, Delivery Technology, Data & Analytics Technology. The formation of Pizza Hut Connect underscores the important role technology will continue to play in Pizza Hut's future growth, as well as our intentional focus on investing in technology talent and capabilities.
The vision of Pizza Hut Connect is "to deliver the easiest experiences for customers, team members, and franchisees through rapid technology innovation.
Pizza Hut Connect is looking for a self-motivated Software QA Automation Engineer who will serve as the QA expert on complex applications development work assignments and problems. We desire a candidate who is an innovative and resourceful creative programmer with a talent for a great QA experience. The position requires participation in the full software development lifecycle. Someone who loves to code, loves business application development, and is a creative, conceptual thinker able to persuade others and work effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
Scope of the Role:
* Perform functional and end-to-end regression testing on framework services (SOAP, REST) and web applications
* Develop test automation scripts using various tools such as Selenium, Appium, and other scripting languages and prepare accurate and detailed test plans and test cases
* Serve as a QA Engineer on an Agile/Scrum team to define user scenarios and implement automated tests to verify those scenarios are accounted for in the software
* Review user stories to ensure that requirements are testable and validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
* Ability to analyze test results for trends and patterns of failure, problem solve and perform basic investigative testing techniques.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years of IT QA or Development Engineering experience with predominately API and web applications
* 3+ years of Automation Testing using various tools such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso and other scripting languages
* 2 years of experience in Agile/Scrum environment on Product Team
* Solid Understanding Unit and Integration test frameworks
* Experience building testing automation frameworks and solutions
* Experience with testing Single Page Applications (Angular JS)
* Technical experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, MongoDB preferred
* 2+ years of AWS or GCP and their services with a good understanding of cloud-based applications
* Mobile Test development (iOS and Android)
Tools and Technology:
* Python 3
* Behave (or BDD equivalent)
* Selenium, Appium and Restful, or comparable automation testing suite
* Confluence/JIRA (preferred)