7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Manager, Development Analytics & Market Planning
Description:* Drive successful, scalable growth and re-investment for Pizza Hut through strong analytics, strategic frameworks, and optimized market planning
* Evolve and enhance Market Planning Capabilities to drive market penetration and success rates
* Influence and accelerate new unit execution through data-based, insight-driven analysis (including cross-functional and Franchisee)
* Strong support for ongoing company initiatives such as closure mitigation and consolidation
* Support Pizza Hut Leadership Team as needed in planning, business reviews, and ad hoc projects
Strategic Development Analytics
* Primary analytic support for Pizza Hut Development-related strategies, processes and policies. Provide strategic framework development, financial modeling, and insight based analysis to drive Growth.
* Includes restaurant reinvestment post audits, investment return analytics, competitive performance, development-related items (site quality, trade area grade, etc.), unit operational performance, as well as other data that drive results.
* Develop and maintain dashboards to more effectively communicate and assess new restaurant growth, reinvestment actions, and sales/investment results. Incorporates cross-functional insights (consumer, operating metrics, etc.). Includes communicating meaningful & concise insights related to development to Franchisees, Franchisee subcommittee and/or the Pizza Hut Leadership Team.
* Develop and maintain key suite of standard reporting and analytics that enable team productivity, accelerate decision making, improve forecasting, and drive insights based action. Own the development reporting process by consolidating & analyzing information for Pizza Hut Leadership.
* Support Closure Mitigation Strategy. Lead Development-related analysis of potential restaurant closures, while providing thought leadership and developing creative solutions in partnership with cross-functional Closure Mitigation Team.
* Support non-traditional channel strategy development and analytics
Market Planning, GIS/Development Systems
* Continue strategic enhancements to the Pizza Hut Market Plan, including development of priority DMA market plans, accelerated urban development plans, and accelerated Non-Trad location development plans.
* Perform trade area and site characteristic analysis for the Pizza Hut market plan to enable and accelerate Growth. Includes benchmarking and competitive analysis.
* Provide tools and guidance on market planning, mapping and trade area prioritization/penetration. Provide thought leadership to evolve success criteria for business priorities and conditions.
* Maintain the Pizza Hut Market Plan platform, including management of outside vendors, and ongoing partnership with Taco Bell, KFC, and Yum! IT
* Continued exploration of new Market Planning tools, vendors, and supporting programs to ensure Pizza Hut maintains its position at the forefront of Market Planning technology and capability
* Build relationships with Regional Franchise Development Managers, Non-Trad Development Team, and key franchisees to ensure development aligns with the Pizza Hut market plan.
* Provide division mapping/GIS and development systems support as needed.
Minimal travel required
* PIZZA HUT Leadership Team
* PIZZA HUT Regional Franchise Development Managers
* PIZZA HUT Architecture & Design Team
* PIZZA HUT Finance Team
* PIZZA HUT/Yum IT Team
* PIZZA HUT Legal Team
Franchise Owners, Franchise ARLs, Franchise Development Staff, Franchise Operations
* Education/Certifications – BA/BS in real estate, geography, statistics, finance, business or related field required. Masters in Real Estate, Geography or MBA preferred.
* Experience - Minimum of 5 years of development, real estate, strategy, or finance experience with demonstrated organizational impact and increasing responsibility in related areas. Experience in multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred.
o Must have proven track record driving results via creative thinking and problem solving
o Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task & generate actionable recommendations
o Demonstrated track record of strong Project Management skills.
o Previous experience with modeling complex business issues in order to influence decisions with a data driven point of view
* Must have strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and a desire to have a large commercial impact on the organization. Having an eye for detail is a must.
* Excellent interpersonal & team skills with ability to present to Senior Leadership
* Clear influencing, communication, and organizational skills are a necessity. Ability to partner well with cross functional departments and work with all levels.
* Ability to efficiently manage workload well with shifting priorities. Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment.
Strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Advanced knowledge of GIS, BI solutions, statistics and real estate related tools. Experience with Big Data is preferred. Understanding fundamentals of retail geography such as trade area delineation techniques is required.
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).