7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Description:Primary Job Functions:
Litigation: Assist with the administration of routine litigation matters, including outside counsel management. Caseload will heavily focus on employment, personal injury, and real estate matters, but could also be as varied as patent infringement and data privacy litigation. This attorney supports the Directors of Brand Threat Litigation and Franchise Administration with the identification and management of any brand-threat and franchisee litigation.
Responsibilities also include:
* Drafting form discovery responses and reviewing pleadings prepared by outside counsel;
* Drafting state/federal agency position statements, responses to AG and BBB complaints, and other formal requests for information;
* Monitoring franchisee and other related litigation;
* Overseeing Litigation Paralegal's response to subpoenas, management of electronic discovery, and other essential Law Department functions.
Compliance: Provide key legal support regarding HR and Operations processes, including compliance training, new hire applications and onboarding (including background checks) processes, performance management, and severance agreements.
Responsibilities also include:
* Reviewing training materials and other company documents for compliance with local, state, and federal laws;
* Partnering with legal staff for sister brands to address evolving legal trends and develop and maintain consistent policies and procedures; and
* Partnering with and counseling HR team members regarding investigations and complex employee issues.
Franchise Administration: Assist with franchise administration issues, including franchise transactions and standards compliance.
EDUCATION: Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
* Licensed to practice law; at least three years of experience
* Strong background in client counseling or other client-facing engagements
* Solution-oriented and collaborative mindset
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company's brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company's family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented Interns to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
* 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
* 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
* Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
* Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
* Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
* Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
* Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
* Discounts for life's adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
* Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
* 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
* Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
* Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
* Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
* Company paid life insurance
* Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development