7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Legal Counsel (Pizza Hut International)
This full-time permanent role will provide dedicated legal support to the PH International Customer function including Pizza Hut Digital Ventures, Pizza Hut Technology Ventures and Global Operations.
The scope of the position includes legal work across multiple international markets in support of our key digital & technology projects franchise agreements, intercompany agreements as well as global service contracts.
Current technology hubs include Dallas, London and Ho Chi Minh City, but work spans across all international markets.
This position will be based in Plano, Texas with some travel.
The legal work includes:
* Work with internal Customer leadership team & field legal teams to provide strategic legal guidance & solutions that accelerate growth of Pizza Hut Digital & Technology Ventures. This includes defining overall legal strategy & the long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and vendors.
* Partner with Customer Leadership team, regional business teams and franchisees to enable contract negotiations. Draft, negotiate, review and execute PHDV & PHTV contracts.
* Manage and maintain existing legal documents (MSAs, SOWs, SLA templates, supplier contracts, etc) including compliance & evolution of those documents as business strategy evolves. Where possible streamline legal processes to create more efficiency, consistency and speed to market.
* Support Customer Leadership team & regional business teams with contract management throughout contract terms.
* As new business growth opportunities emerge, lead development of legal templates for global scaling. Partner with regional legal teams and outside counsel to localize templates for execution.
* Provide legal guidance on data privacy and data protection matters including working with cross-functional teams on data protection impact assessments and work with outside council and YUM! Central legal counsel.
* Partner with global IP department on Intellectual Property rights protection and enforcement
* Build legal know-how internally and among the internal business community by presenting talks, workshops and building repeatable models.
* Evolve global legal structure and intercompany contractual structure with YUM! legal and YUM! tax team to ensure compliance applicable laws and company requirements
* Liaise with internal and external partners Drive follow ups and ensure proper stakeholder management across all work responsibilities
* The role reports to the Senior Legal Counsel, PH International / KFC Global & Chief Legal Officer, Pizza Hut LAI in Plano, Texas
* You will have the opportunity to work directly and independently with legal teams across Yum! in addition to regional business teams, franchise partners, vendors. This will provide you with exposure to a diverse range of both legal and business issues.
* Yum! lawyers are business enablers who work closely as a team with other functions such as Digital & Technology, Finance, Development, Marketing, Food Innovation, QA, SCM, HR and audit to help find legally sound business solutions.
* You will work with regional external counsels to ensure that our contractual provisions and enforcement comply with local laws and regulations.
* There will be no administrative support dedicated to this position.
* J.D degree with strong academic credentials
* Admitted to practice law in any US State
* Min. 4 years' corporate commercial experience in private practice, in-house with relevant experience in corporate commercial and technology related work
* Experience with commercial law, global data privacy laws, regulations and principles focus on the geographies: United States (CCPA), Canada, European Union (GDPR) and Asia.
* Strong ethics and integrity
* A people-oriented person who enjoys teamwork and actively engaging with other functions. A culture fit within the organization is imperative.
* Business oriented with excellent communication skills to proactively engage with internal clients, senior management, franchisees and suppliers to find commercially practicable solutions and to implement them.
* A high performer who takes the initiative and is able to lead projects and work independently.
* Role is "hands on" and includes negotiating, reviewing and drafting of agreements, policies and standards
* Awareness of and sensitivity to different cultures, backgrounds and objectives
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com. Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut).