7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Legal Counsel, Pizza Hut International
Description:The legal work includes:
* Work with internal Customer leadership team & field legal teams to provide strategic legal guidance & solutions that accelerate growth of Pizza Hut Digital & Technology Ventures. This includes defining overall legal strategy & the long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and vendors.
* Partner with Customer Leadership team, regional business teams and franchisees to enable contract negotiations. Draft, negotiate, review and execute PHDV & PHTV contracts.
* Manage and maintain existing legal documents (MSAs, SOWs, SLA templates, supplier contracts, etc) including compliance & evolution of those documents as business strategy evolves. Where possible streamline legal processes to create more efficiency, consistency and speed to market.
* Support Customer Leadership team & regional business teams with contract management throughout contract terms.
* As new business growth opportunities emerge, lead development of legal templates for global scaling. Partner with regional legal teams and outside counsel to localize templates for execution.
* Provide legal guidance on data privacy and data protection matters including working with cross-functional teams on data protection impact assessments and work with outside council and YUM! Central legal counsel.
* Partner with global IP department on Intellectual Property rights protection and enforcement
* Build legal know-how internally and among the internal business community by presenting talks, workshops and building repeatable models.
* Evolve global legal structure and intercompany contractual structure with YUM! legal and YUM! tax team to ensure compliance applicable laws and company requirements
* Liaise with internal and external partners Drive follow ups and ensure proper stakeholder management across all work responsibilities
* The role reports to the Senior Legal Counsel, PH International / KFC Global & Chief Legal Officer, Pizza Hut LAI in Plano, Texas
* You will have the opportunity to work directly and independently with legal teams across Yum! in addition to regional business teams, franchise partners, vendors. This will provide you with exposure to a diverse range of both legal and business issues.
* Yum! lawyers are business enablers who work closely as a team with other functions such as Digital & Technology, Finance, Development, Marketing, Food Innovation, QA, SCM, HR and audit to help find legally sound business solutions.
* You will work with regional external counsels to ensure that our contractual provisions and enforcement comply with local laws and regulations.
* There will be no administrative support dedicated to this position
Minimum Requirements :
* J.D degree with strong academic credentials
* Admitted to practice law in any US State
* Min. 4 years' corporate commercial experience in private practice, in-house with relevant experience in corporate commercial and technology related work
* Experience with commercial law, global data privacy laws, regulations and principles focus on the geographies: United States (CCPA), Canada, European Union (GDPR) and Asia.
* Strong ethics and integrity
* A people-oriented person who enjoys teamwork and actively engaging with other functions. A culture fit within the organization is imperative.
* Business oriented with excellent communication skills to proactively engage with internal clients, senior management, franchisees and suppliers to find commercially practicable solutions and to implement them.
* A high performer who takes the initiative and is able to lead projects and work independently.
* Role is "hands on" and includes negotiating, reviewing and drafting of agreements, policies and standards
* Awareness of and sensitivity to different cultures, backgrounds and objectives
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).