7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Lead Data Engineer
Description:Company Summary :
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).
Job Description :
The Lead Data Engineer will own and oversee the day-to-day execution of projects that will provide data on demand to a variety of critical Data applications across Pizza Hut. They must have extensive experience in developing data ingestion solutions like ETL/Python/ AWS/ Kafka/ Spark from different data sources. This person will also actively contribute to design and delivery of projects/modules, lead and mentor a team of developers, review code and implement best practices to enhance the technology platform. The ideal candidate will a good understanding of data integration, API design guidelines and solution architecture. The successful candidate must have an "Agile Mindset" and must be able to adapt quickly in a fluid environment.
Minimum Requirements :
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in engineering with a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent.
* Experience in designing and developing data pipelines, include ingestion, standardization, metadata management, business rule curation, data enhancement, and statistical computation against data sources that include relational, XML, JSON, streaming, REST API, and unstructured data.
* Have the ability to facilitate the development of data integration efforts with development team in addition to hands on design and development of large complex ETL jobs.
* 3+ years of experience with tools like Kafka and Spark, Cloud Datawarehouse and Hadoop
* 3+ years hands-on coding skills in languages like Scala, Python, SQL
* Experience with ingesting Digital Marketing data like Google, Facebook, Adwords using API framework
* Participate and lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates Ability to learn and develop skills as needed to support services outside of this job description and prove with prior examples
* Working knowledge on building and working on/around data governance standards
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).