7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Lead Data Engineer (API)
Description:The Lead Data Engineer will own and oversee the day-to-day execution of projects that will provide data on demand to a variety of critical applications including eCommerce and Point of Sales. They must have extensive experience in developing APIs and solutions leveraging a combination of tools like MongoDB/ NodeJS/ Docker/ Kubernetes/ AWS/ Kafka. et. This person will also actively contribute to design and delivery of projects/modules, lead and mentor a team of developers, review code and implement best practices to enhance the technology platform.
As a Lead Engineer on our Data Services team, his person will be responsible for building and enhancing highly scalable solutions that provide data as a service to mission critical applications like Point of Sale, CRM and eCommerce. The ideal candidate will a good understanding of data integration, API design guidelines and solution architecture. The successful candidate must have an "Agile Mindset" and must be able to adapt quickly in a fluid environment.
* 5+ years' experience using NodeJS/Java
* 5+ years' experience with SQL and NoSQL database like MongoDB
* 3+ years' experience using Containerized application (Docker/ Kubernetes)
* 3+ years developing in microservice architecture, REST APIs, designing and building serverless architectures with high transaction volumes
* Experienced in setting up/Managing CI/CD for projects.
* Experience in Cloud Datawarehouse like Redshift/Snowflake, Migration of data across environments
* Experience in Docker Containers - Such as Amazon ECS, Kubernetes, or Swarm
* Experience with API Development & management (REST/JSON). Proficient in Web Services, XML, XSD, JSON
* Experience in documentation of REST API designs using Swagger/YAML.
* Experience in Test Driven Development, Agile Methodology and writing unit test cases for NodeJS using popular frameworks (like MOCHA, CHAI, JEST etc)
Minimum Requirements :
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in engineering with a minimum of 8+ years relevant experience or equivalent
* Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
* Familiarity with Cloud services (AWS)
* Provide subject-matter expertise to project teams on behavioral driven application development