7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
As a member of the FIT team, the Laboratory Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations and overall safety of the lab. This employee would play a vital role in overseeing, maintaining, and improving the function of the lab to ensure it is run efficiently and effectively.
* Oversee the laboratory to ensure it meets/complies and passes all brand, local, state and federal cleanliness and sanitization regulations.
* Oversee laboratory equipment installation, qualifications, repair and work closely with manager, facilities coordinator, equipment vendors and communicate with Lab users when equipment needs repair or is not operating at it optimal level.
* Lead the planning, and execution of various lab projects, such as lab instrument moves, signage updates and introduction of new instrumentation to include assessing design/lab/facilities requirements, obtaining quotes, and prioritizing/scheduling vendor response.
* Supervises, coordinates, and prioritizes the daily activities of lab stewards (2).
* Participates in readiness, execution and compliance of Steritech audits to (a) determine regulatory requirements, (b) communicate those requirements to the project team, (c) participate in design decisions that affect compliance and (d) estimate work load for regulatory tasks.
* Provide leadership and support for audits, health authority inspections and subsequent remediation activities.
* Maintain lab supplies inventory, anticipate needs, place and expedite orders for supplies accordingly working with Manager, FIT for final approval on all orders.
* Coordinate all food shows with Product Developers and ensure a proper execution based on the objective of the food show.
* Coordinate with KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut International and Domestic for usage of the lab.
* Communicate professionally with all individuals entering the lab to ensure sanitary practices are being followed.
* High School Diploma with 1-2 years lab operations experience in a food service setting.
* ServeSafe certified (or ability to receive certification)
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
* 1-3 years' experience working in laboratory operations specifically in the QSR space.
* Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
* High energy, proactive, positive, detail oriented, self-motivated and flexible, strong team player
* Must be highly organized with the ability to perform multiple and changing priorities successfully in a fast paced environment with little direct supervision
* Ability to work in a test environment specifically with engineers, product developers and restaurant operators
* Ability to manage and motivate non-exempt employees
* Must possess a high degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).