7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Franchise Development Manager
Lead and execute Pizza Hut's asset transformation and growth strategy as a regional Franchise Development Manager. This is a dynamic role that requires a multi-dimensional skillset to add value and support to our franchise partners as they grow, transform and modernize the face of the Pizza Hut brand across the country.
The primary objective of this role is to provide strategic support to franchisees by identifying development growth opportunities, recommending high-returning asset models based on in-depth data analysis, managing openings and closures, and offering best practices and tools in regard to market planning, store design and real estate.
Drive new unit development:
* Create strategic development growth plan for each franchisee within designated region (~20-30 franchisees, 1000-1,500 restaurants)
* Identify, review and validate new unit development opportunities using a broad spectrum of data
* Oversee and deliver annual net new unit targets; track and forecast all new units according to critical milestones
* Execute and manage all new development agreements in order to achieve development expansion goals
* Review and approve all new unit sites and the pro forma model for each location ensuring successful asset action results
* Act as the local Pizza Hut representative, attending conferences and networking opportunities to heighten visibility of the brand as it relates to development
Support existing asset portfolios:
* Create strategic development plan for each franchisee and market through in-depth data analysis (Market Planning)
* Provide an optimization and action plan as it relates to the best investment decision for each market and each trade area
* Track and forecast agreed upon asset actions and timing
* Manage store closure analysis with cross-functional partners to build a case for approval or denial
* Assist franchisees in developing key 3rd party relationships (brokers, architects, contractors, etc)
* Bachelor's degree; Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
* 5+ years' experience in Real Estate/Retail Development, Finance, Client Management or other similar field
* A passion to build strong relationships and find mutually beneficial solutions to drive positive growth for the Pizza Hut brand and franchisees
* Collaborative mindset and ability to work cross-functionally with other groups to inspire creative solutions and solve problems holistically
* Broad, strategic thinker. Ability to think big and create innovative solutions as well as the ability to breakdown complex problems to decipher what is most important in making a thoughtful business decision
* A willingness and ability to understand and track the detail to truly understand and drive asset actions
* Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
* Appreciates data-driven solutions, is detail-oriented, while also having a sales mentality.
* Experience in growing retail points of distribution for a brand. Knowledge of development analysis, real estate, market planning, development scheduling, and general financial analysis a benefit
* Microsoft Office software experience required, with particular expertise with Excel including pivot tables and macros to perform complex analysis.
* Ability to travel up to 40%
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).