7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Franchise Development Manager (Remote)
Description:Lead and execute Pizza Hut's asset transformation and growth strategy as a regional Franchise Development Manager. This is a dynamic role that requires a multi-dimensional skillset to add value and support to our franchise partners as they grow, transform and modernize Pizza Hut stores throughout their region. The FDM provides strategic support to franchisees by identifying development growth opportunities, recommending high-returning asset models based on in-depth data analysis, managing openings and closures, and offering best practices and tools in regard to market planning, real estate, store design, and construction.
Pizza Hut is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Pizza Hut requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law
New Unit Development:
- Create strategic development growth plan for each franchisee within the Northeast region (~10-20 franchisees, 500 -1,500 restaurants).
- Identify, review and validate new unit development opportunities using a broad spectrum of data.
- Oversee and deliver annual net new unit targets; track and forecast the new unit pipeline using critical milestones and deliverables to help ensure results.
- Execute and manage all new development agreements in order to achieve development expansion goals.
- Review and approve all new and relocation sites and the pro-forma model for each location to help ensure successful asset action results.
- Act as the local Pizza Hut representative, attending conferences and networking opportunities to heighten visibility of the brand as it relates to development.
Consulting Background is a nice to have.
Support Existing Store Portfolios:
- Create strategic development plans for each franchisee and market through in-depth data analysis (Market Planning).
- Provide an optimization and action plan as it relates to the best investment decision for each market and each trade area.
- Track and forecast agreed upon asset actions and timing (new, relocations/rebuilds, and remodels).
- Manage store closure analysis with cross-functional partners to build a fact-based case for approval or denial.
- Assist franchisees in developing key 3rd party relationships (brokers, architects, contractors, etc) that are crucial to development success.
- Bachelor's degree; Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- 5+ years' experience in Real Estate/Retail Development, Finance, Client Management or other similar field
- A passion to build strong relationships and find mutually beneficial solutions to drive positive growth for the Pizza Hut brand and franchisees
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work cross-functionally with other groups to inspire creative solutions and solve problems holistically
- Broad, strategic thinker. Ability to think big and create innovative solutions as well as the ability to breakdown complex problems to decipher what is most important in making a thoughtful business decision
- Experience in growing retail points of distribution for a brand. Knowledge of development analysis, real estate, market planning, development scheduling, and general financial analysis a benefit
- A willingness and ability to understand and comprehend data that will lead to the best possible development decisions
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Appreciates data-driven solutions, is detail-oriented, while also having a sales mentality.
- Microsoft Office software experience required, with particular expertise with Excel
- Ability to travel up to 40% (under normal circumstances)