7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Franchise Business Development Manager
The purpose of the Manager Franchise Business Development is to partner with Franchise organizations on the health of their business and to identify areas of concern/ improvement. Key responsibilities will be building relationships with key Franchisees, Lenders & Investors, conducting strategic reviews of Franchisee financials, business valuation, and executing our portfolio optimization plan through acquisitions/divestitures activities. Role also focuses on analyzing and driving improvements in overall system health as it pertains to store level economics, franchise capability, and market/regional strategies.
* Build/Optimize financial models to value franchise businesses in financial distress. Perform cash flow and balance sheet analysis and recommend optimal solution. Must be able to guide conversations with franchisees to convert sentiments into hard model inputs (20%)
* Liaise with Franchise Business Development Recruiter to identify business opportunities for new Franchisees (5%)
* Maintain & Develop relationships with Lenders / Investors in the franchise finance industry space, including organizing annual Lenders Day event (5%)
* Broker the transition of under performing franchise businesses to well capitalized and superior franchisees. With support of the team, negotiate portions of the deal and shepherd transaction through pre-determined timeline (10%)
* Manage the M&A activities of the Pizza Hut Domestic Brand which will optimize the ownership portfolio enabling growth and test market capabilities (30%).
* Run ad hoc analysis on franchise business health to support franchisees on financial, development, and operations strategy. Present results and recommend strategy to leadership team. (30%)
* Bachelor's degree required
* MBA Preferred – Finance, Accounting or Economics
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
* Prefer 5+ years in financial analysis, specifically in the field of mergers & acquisitions, business valuation, financial & scenario modeling (NPV, IRR, DCF).
* Experience in modeling business decisions, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience with presenting to senior leadership teams.
* High motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and a desire to have a large impact on our organization
* Must face complex business issues with persistence and stamina. Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguous business challenges.
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).