7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Food Innovation Manager
Description:Seeking a growth mindset, proven relationship builder, and the desire to coach a high-impact team on the Pizza Hut Food Innovation Team. As a brand known for innovation, this position will head the commercialization of a strategic product pipeline for Pizza Hut U.S. In addition to product development, this role will be responsible for leading menu and process simplification to ensure viability in the Pizza Hut system while maintaining high quality expectations of the brand.
* Fosters an innovative, curiosity-inspired, food forward mindset in the organization
* Coaches and grows a team of three high performing product developers
* Accesses emerging food technologies, industry trends and processes, and explores how to apply them to Pizza Hut
* Drives alignment, tracking, processes, and commercialization of US new product pipeline, developing reliable supply inclusive of formulation and scale-up
* Conducts and trains others in product development activities in a planned and effective manner including solid Design of Experiment testing and thorough, robust execution of experiments
* Develops and trains others in writing product specifications and identifies key attribute ranges within process capability for new and/or improved products and concepts, in partnership with QA
* Manage and evolve Pizza Hut Food Committee to ensure brand is aligned and delivers timely on goals set with franchisees
Collaborates effectively with cross-functional partners (QA, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Supply Chain, Finance) to move projects forward and to work through identified issues.
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Culinary, or related field (e.g. Sensory Science, Life Sciences, or Behavioral sciences) with 7 years' experience or Masters with 3 years of experience working in product development and/or in food/ beverage industry
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
* High energy, positive, and flexible team player
* Ability to work unsupervised, proactively, and anticipate needs of the organization
* Must be able to work with team members at all levels of the organization
* Solid investigative, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to build and mentor teams
* Proven product development and implementer of multi-functional business projects
* Exceptional communication and relationship building skills to influence food initiatives
* Ability to work closely with suppliers in developing and improving their processes in order to achieve commercial viability for products
* Trains and coaches co-workers and team members on new products/processes
* Demonstrates a practical approach and knowledge of product development & operational systems, supplier food processing, and the impact of distribution chains.
* Experience in top 5 Pizza QSR a plus.
* Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).