7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Financial Planning Manager
Yum! is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum! requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Yum! Brands, Inc. has over 39,000 restaurants in more than 130 countries and territories and more than 1.4 million associates worldwide. The Company's brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories.
What makes Yum! a great place to work? It's our people. That's why we invest in people capability so they can make the most of their career. With a diverse workforce and ongoing opportunities for personal and professional success, we've built a culture that rewards and recognizes great effort while providing the work/life balance that is so important to all of us.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Financial Planning Manager is responsible for leading the strategic and financial planning agenda,and owning the annual and quarterly financial forecasts of the global portfolio of business units (BMUs). This person will serve as a key business thought partner to the global leadership team, as well as business unit leaders. This role will report into the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis with strong visibility to the Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities of this role include consolidating BMU-level financial plans into a division-level view; reviewing, analyzing and drawing conclusions based on BMU results; developing impactful financial models, and performing strategic analysis on value added business priorities to share with leadership and drive results.
In order to achieve this, the Financial Planning Manager will need to have strong stakeholder management skills and commercial acumen to succeed. He or she will also need to have a strong sense of accountability, urgency and ownership. This role is a great fit for an individual looking for significant stretch and growth, providing a clear stepping stone into a senior management role in a vibrant and entrepreneurial company.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
Financial Planning and Analysis (75%)
- Lead financial planning for our 3 year, annual & quarterly P&L forecasts including new units, same store sales, general & administration costs as well as other profit levers
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the business to bring together our business strategy and reflect this in our financial forecasts and reporting; Robustly challenge estimates to ensure gaps to plan are identified & addressed
- Partner with the control team to manage and deliver a high quality and insightful end-to-end month end process by analyzing financial performance versus forecast
- Track financial risks & opportunities as well as identify business levers to deliver the plan each month
- Communicate a clear and coherent story of performance and actions to the senior leadership team, including developing and building presentation decks & fact sheets for the senior leadership team
- Support process changes and contribute towards making the FP&A process more efficient, insightful and accurate
- Take personal accountability to drive and own business performance by driving insights, challenging status quo and building a holistic understanding of the business
- Interact with Yum Control team in Louisville and each of the international BMU Planning & Control teams
Ad hoc Analysis & Modeling (25%)
- Maintain and improve financial models including those used to collect and analyze BMU forecasts, analyze monthly results and report sales data
- Constantly look for ways to improve modeling to offer greater insights into BMU and KFC/PH Global financial performance
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
Global CFO, Yum Planning, BMU Finance teams, Control team
IS THIS YOU?
Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- College degree required, major in Finance or Business preferred
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- 4 or more years of progressive corporate experience working with Corporate Finance, Banking, Consulting, Asset Management
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management preferred; MBA or CPA a plus
- Proficient/Advanced P&L modeling skills
- Proficient/Advanced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Hyperion, JD Edwards (ReportsNow Query Application) a plus
- General knowledge of corporate P&L's (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, etc.)
- "People first" mindset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and generate actionable recommendations
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality (employee-related expenses)
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- High degree of self-motivation, initiative, integrity and strong influencing style
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all layers of the organization
- Highly self-motivated with a strong drive for results, intellectual curiosity, and problem-solving ability
- Likes to challenge status quo
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment