7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Engineering Lead (Pizza Hut International)
Lead engineering for Pizza Hut International with a systems engineering mindset. Responsible for setting engineering strategy, providing guidance & direction and ultimately delivering back-of-house solutions for restaurants in more than 100 countries.
This role is an integral member of the Pizza Hut International cross functional and cross brand team. This role works closely with the Engineering team in the US (creating a global team) and partners with engineering teams in the business units around the world (including China). The role will require extensive international travel.
* PRIMARY FOCUS: Lead the global PHI oven strategy dealing with both legacy equipment challenges and the future direction of our main cook platforms
* Work closely with the supply chain and FIT teams to validate equipment to ensure availability of category A equipment is maintained for all of our regions around the world
* Continue to develop part of the global operating platform that deals specifically with ovens, back-of-house layout, kitchen equipment, small wares and services that can be rolled out worldwide
* Leverage resources within the Pizza Hut US and China businesses and know-how from KFC Global and Taco Bell to successfully orchestrate global projects
* Oversee the 'global innovation lab' where the PHI operating platform and systems can be simulated
* Work with equipment manufacturers / vendors to ensure the best equipment is in the 'global innovation lab' to drive current business and future innovation
* Partner with Technology and Development teams to ensure that the back of house flows into the front of house and that restaurants are built ever more cost efficiently
* Coach BMU Engineering and Operations teams to test and launch all new BOH/FOH restaurant systems
* Share know-how across the Operations function specifically to drive an engineering and technology-oriented mindset
* Monitor vendor performance, recommending changes as appropriate
* Engineering degree (industrial / systems engineering degree preferred)
* MBA or equivalent preferred
* Proven track record of success delivering global engineering projects on time, on budget & with positive business impact
* Demonstrated commercial skills having taken conceptual ideas and operationalize them into economically viable business opportunities
* The ability to identify and integrate related information, leverage data to derive business insights, manage ambiguity & complexity and comprehend underlying issues while generating workable solutions. Has the ability to simplify things.
* Team leadership skills, including getting results through others, engaging and empowering others, coaching for performance, and working cross functionally team collaboration.
* Exceptional project management, influencing and communications skills
* A strong and proven desire to build know-how for yourself and for the organization
* A strong work ethic. The ability to work independently, and initiate action.
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).