7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Description:As a member of a dynamic, nimble legal team, this position will engage with the Executive Team, parent company, sister brands, and franchise partners on critical legal and business issues. This is an ideal role for attorneys who are looking for a wide breadth of responsibilities while having a direct impact on the business. While there is no "typical day", this role's primary focus will be brand-threat litigation and employment matters.
Primary Job Functions:
Brand Threat Litigation
* Manage brand-threat litigation, ranging from employment matters to patent and anti-trust litigation, including potential class and collective actions, and various personal injury matters. Also includes responsibility for monitoring franchise litigation and becoming directly involved, when necessary, to protect the Brand and System.
* Responsibilities also include overseeing outside counsel, Litigation Paralegal's response to subpoenas, management of electronic discovery, and other essential Law Department functions.
Employment, Policy, and Compliance Matters
* Provide key legal support for core HR and Operations processes, including elevated employment and Code of Conduct matters, compliance training, application and new hire (including background check) processes, and routine severance agreements. Includes development of policies and forms, drafting of individual agreements, and advice and guidance regarding a host of complex employment matters.
* Responsibilities also include: (1) Reviewing training materials and other company documents for compliance with laws; (2) Partnering with sister brand legal staff to address evolving legal trends and develop and maintain consistent policies and procedures; and (3) Partnering with HR team on investigations and escalated employee issues.
* Responsible for managing alcohol licensing process and administration for equity locations, and providing key legal support for new System-wide beer delivery initiatives.
Delivery Driver Risk and Future Business Model Development
* Responsible for the development of policies and practices in the area of delivery driver compensation, reimbursement, safety, and insurance. Work directly with franchisee leadership on reimbursement strategy, vendor management, and insurance matters.
* Play a critical role in the development of future delivery business models, from Driver Tracking to Pooling and Delivery as a Service to ensure the proper analysis of risk as strategic decisions are made and as tools are developed.
Corporate Management and Real Estate
* Responsible for supervising Real Estate Legal Assistant in the management of Brand real estate matters, including lease negotiation, litigation, and property sales.
* Also responsible for supervising Corporate Governance activities, including management of corporate books.
* Responsible for supervising Brand Asset Protection Manager, which includes equity Loss Prevention activities, franchise consulting, and Brand investigations related to theft and fraud.
EDUCATION: Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
* Licensed to practice law in a qualified jurisdiction; minimum (4) years in the private practice of law; in-house experience preferred
* Litigation or employment expertise preferred
* Demonstrated leadership skills, with ability to build and manage strong teams
* Strong background in client counseling or other client-facing engagements
* Solution-oriented and collaborative mindset
* Must be a team builder, with sufficient legal acumen and business knowledge to command the respect and attention of senior corporate leadership
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).