7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Director, Innovation and Consumer Insights
We are looking for a talented leader to uncover and deliver deep, actionable insights, drive the creation of new research capabilities to unlock groundbreaking insights and help bring those insights to life with a compelling product pipeline for Pizza Hut's consumers. The Director, Innovation & Insights needs to be a versatile creative leader, who has the ability to partner cross functionally to drive innovation based on sharp consumer insights and category needs. This person needs to bring energy, curiosity and a passion for innovation and food, as well as a leader mentality to help identify, understand and guide collective teams through complex challenges. They will assess insights gaps and then plan, design and conduct various consumer insights studies to deliver on the objectives. This role will also champion the "voice of the consumer" within the brand teams via analysis of existing syndicated and primary insights from Segmentation, trends, etc. This person should be able to build and influence thinking, while managing multiple internal stakeholders and their team goals. They should also be skilled at driving action based on insight, and partner with Culinary and Marketing teams to build strategic pillars within food, menu, packaging and loyalty innovation that will deliver to Pizza Hut's annual business and sales plans. This person will also interact with various members of the Pizza Hut franchisee community and should strive to gain deep learning and understanding of the operational and category challenges that the franchisee community face.
The Director, Innovation & Insights will report to the Pizza Hut Chief Brand Officer, and will manage a team of 4 direct reports. This role will lead a team who provide support to Marketing, Culinary and Operations in the form of consumer, category and culture trends to help shape and ground strategic pillars. This role will also work closely with the Pizza Hut's VP of Marketing, VP of Consumer Analytics & Performance Marketing and the Sr. Director of Culinary, as well as engage with the PH Operations and QA team(s).
* Manage and lead brand CI and Innovations team; motivate and inspire team to dig into consumer landscape, mine insights and develop actionable strategic pillars that drive brand performance and deliver to brand's annual performance goals.
* Develop hypotheses and then deliver deep and actionable strategic and tactical insights and recommendations to drive action across cross-functional teams, agencies and senior management
* Align projects to link to overall planning timelines, and use influence management to anticipate and solve key conflicts/tradeoffs in timing
* Deliver sticky insights and recommendations, to inspire and influence stakeholders via compelling, clear, and concise communications.
* Deliver voice of the consumer for the brands via mining of various existing syndicated and primary insights.
* Establish strategic pillars for culinary and menu innovation based on rich and sharp consumer insights and learnings.
* Work closely with brand team and FIT team to commercialize product pipeline and deliver improved customer reach and frequency to the brand.
* You will lead a team in developing hypothesis driven customer growth strategies through the use of data, analytics, industry findings, and cross functional partnership
* Demonstrate data and analytics to identify and develop innovative and out-of-the-box personalization strategies to test across customer cohorts, which may include new types of offers, multi-channel contact cadence, messaging, external partnerships, etc
* Size and scope customer growth opportunities, analysis to support business case and partnering with segment/program owners to design test pilot
* You will partner with cross functional teams on customer growth and execution teams to launch these strategies and close loop performance management, this may include test design, measurement methodology and ad hoc campaign performance analysis
* Lead a team of strategic analysts guiding them in the analytical process and the development of business and/or customer insights to personalization plans, as well as merchandising (menu and restaurant flow) strategies and decisions
CHARACTERISTICS & ATTRIBUTES
* Strategy, Analytics and Consumer Insights experience in retail, consumer packaged goods, OR related consulting environment.
* Proven track record of turning insights into action
* Act as a bridge between the Marketing and Culinary teams and orchestrate complex cross-functional research initiatives
* Strong problem structuring and solving skills – including data structuring, quantitative reasoning, and implications development.
* Shown capability to deliver work and provide positive leadership in dynamic, multi-project team-oriented environment.
* Lead strategy definition for key research capabilities; facilitate ideation and brainstorming workshops
* Partner with stakeholders to define needs, prioritize work and ensure alignment
* Storytelling to gain organizational alignment including the development and delivery of persuasive presentations
* Define project milestones and create project Gantt charts and status reports
* An experienced leader, capable of managing interdisciplinary teams to deliver results on aggressive timelines
* Track record of getting leadership onboard with a common vision and strategy to achieve a particular outcome
* Demonstrated deep experience in designing and facilitating immersive workshops that generate tangible results and momentum in accomplishing project goals
* Ability to work with a high level of ambiguity. Be flexible with an ability to take unclear goals and targets forward by formulating a plan which brings clarity and focus in order to achieve deliverables
* Extreme comfort with a blank whiteboard and random ingredients and drive to make sense of it all
* Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with the core team, extended stakeholders and leadership
* Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations
* Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate
* Strong project management fundamentals
* Bachelor's degree (social sciences/marketing research/marketing emphasis), MBA/Master's degree in above mentioned focus areas is preferred
* At least 8+ years of consumer insights experience (supplier, client or agency); Preference will be given to candidates with global insights experience. Areas of expertise expected are advertising, innovation, trends, and product testing.
* Strong presentation skills via advanced PowerPoint; and strong skills in data analysis and reporting are expected.
Soft Skills for Influence and Impact:
* Love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. Also, have the ability to lead several research/consume-analysis projects at the same time
* Be diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business units and across franchisee system.
* Be a skilled negotiator focused on the objectives; while being flexible in delivering the results, and demonstrate agility in adapting to changing needs and scope, and pivoting with new thinking
* Passion for food, innovation and the customer journey.
* Not opposed to risk-taking and pushing for disruptive thoughts and ideas within the team.
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM),serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com. Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut)