7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Director, Food Safety and Quality
Description:In this role, you will lead the vision and team responsible for Food Safety and Quality in one of the biggest restaurant brands in the U.S. We are looking for a trusted expert, flexible problem solver, and strong relationship builder to influence and implement a food-safety culture and procedures from suppliers, to team members, to customers.
Drive the Strategy and Agenda for Food Safety & Quality at Pizza Hut, U.S.
* Set clear vision, goals, and management systems for FSQ team that align with broader Food goals for Pizza Hut and within YUM brands
* Collaborate with and influence the strategy and direction with Executive Team, YUM Food Safety & Quality, Franchisees, and Peers
* Ensure food safety goals are balanced with risk and continuous improvement that aligns with profitability
Manage Supply Quality and Partner on Commercialization
* Drive the effective execution and continuous improvement of Supply Food Safety & Quality, providing brand protection and growth through science-based pragmatic solutions.
* Excellence in Food Safety and Quality for current ingredients and Farm to Fork (field, animal welfare, manufacturing, distribution, back of house, consumer)
* Lead QA team in defining and executing on a vision around progressive QA best practices to ensure consistency, high food quality and safety standards are met throughout production and supply.
o Supplier compliance including specifications, audits, cuttings, KPIs, non-conformance monitoring.
o Risk Management: risk assessment classification, product removals/mock recall, crisis leadership.
* Proactively drive continuous improvement process enhancements, margin management without compromise to quality, and supplier diversification recommendations.
* Leverage data and metrics to help drive strategy, reporting, and making recommendations and being engaged in supplier sourcing decisions.
* Partner with Food Innovation team on New and Core Product development, commercialization, and supplier approval and onboarding.
* Define, standardize, and apply FSQ strategy and risk assessment for product teams while remaining flexible to specific team needs within the defined parameters.
* Provide category and commercial know-how on development and specification
Provide Restaurant Food Safety Guidance
* Communicate and advise the business and other key stakeholders on food safety protocol to protect the brand and optimize food safety performance.
* Oversee the development and application of food safety systems and standards that adhere to Yum's food safety policies while fitting Pizza Hut's operating platform.
* Manage a team of high performing technical experts on food safety systems, including regulatory and company policy.
* Serve as Crisis team lead on issues related to foodborne illness, product recalls, and consumer protection processes.
* Promote and uphold a culture of food safety for Pizza Hut, its restaurant operators, franchisees and supply community.
Develop and grow your team through collaboration, mentorship, strategic alignment, and career development
* Bachelor of Science Microbiology, Food Science/Engineering, or related field. Masters a plus.
* 10+ years experience in Food Safety & Quality Assurance in food manufacturing and/or in Supply Chain/Quality Assurance for a national Food Service multi-unit chain.
* Proven People Management & experience leading and growing a team.
* Strong knowledge of government regulations, FDA, HACCP, auditing, USDA, Food Code, SPC, crisis management & product recalls, Food Safety and Quality Systems program, process validation
* Demonstrates a general understanding of: Economic metrics (e.g., COS, COL, Margins) and Operations metrics (e.g., Waste, Inventory Management)
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you'll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we'll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we'll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
* 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
* Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
* 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
* On-site daycare
* 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
* Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it's donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history).