7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Design Manager - Pizza Hut Global
Description:WHO IS PIZZA HUT GLOBAL?
Pizza Hut Global/Yum has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Pizza Hut Global/Yum requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to show proof of vaccination upon starting with the company as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
We love pizza. We eat it a lot. There's no doubt about that and we're proud of it. But what makes us different is that it's our people that drive the success of our business. Alongside KFC, Taco Bell and The Habit Burger Grill, we are part of the Yum! family; the world's largest restaurant company with nearly 43,000 restaurants in over 140 countries. At Pizza Hut Global, based in Plano, TX, we are on a journey to build the most loved global brand and the fastest growing in every country; we have big plans over the next 5 years to achieve explosive growth in a competitive and ever-growing market.
The Design Manager is responsible for elevating the R.E.D Customer Experience (R-Relevant; E-Easy; D-Distinctive) and building the brand through strong cross-functional collaboration. Embedding sustainability & cost reduction initiatives in the design process and providing tools and training programs and sharing best practices to elevate the team capabilities to support accelerated growth.
In partnership with Global team, the Design Manager elevates and codifies best practices and processesthat will enable 1,500+ new openings and 3,500+ remodels each year.
Organizations supported: Pizza Hut Global Business Units
The role is responsible for 18,500+ restaurants in the current portfolio, paired with 5,000+ new projects per year, this includes new unit restaurants, remodels, and relocations.
This position will be based in Plano, Texas or Remote- Travel 10% of the time
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
- Drive Pizza Hut Global cost management efforts to improve investment paybacks thru value engineering efforts, facilitating "Build Smarter" agenda and closely partnering with Supply Chain Management. (30% of Time)
- Lead Pizza Hut Global sustainability strategy, and continually update "Building Green" guidelines and "best practices" to meet Yum sustainability commitments. (30% of Time)
- Lead the codification of proven asset types (i.e., Non-Traditional Development) to roll-out globally. (20% of Time)
- Provides support to Global team and external sources on the different aspects of the design function (20% Time):
- Revise Design Guidelines (site, exteriors, interiors, kitchen, digital integration, and new channels) to deliver a R.E.D experience and support the maintenance of design manuals & toolkits up-to-date and ensure easy access to all global Development Teams and Franchisees.
- Drive process and communication to ensure R.E.D design implementation and design consistency across the world.
- Provide industry insights and competitive benchmarking to monitor and inform retail design trends and their potential application for Pizza Hut.
- Continuously building team capabilities through effective communication systems and process, by providing tools, training and training materials, and sharing best practices.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
The Design and Cx Manager reports directly to the Development Director of Design & Construction.
The person in this position will support and interact with PH Global team (Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Engineering and Finance) and Yum sustainability team, as well as BU Design leaders, CDOs, Franchisees and their teams, consultants, and vendors.
IS THIS YOU?
Must be fully vaccinated, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or similar
- 10+ years of experience in the Architecture / Design field with responsibility in commercial, restaurant and/or retail areas. Experience in successful Brand-Shifting Roll Out programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical areas including, architecture, concept design, consumer insights and project management.
- Ability to lead action with all levels of management in a multi-cultural environment and cross-functionally.
- Ability to influence/build relationships that lead to change with all levels of management.
- Communication, clear and effective across all media: digital, face to face, by phone and in writing.
- Strong internal personal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and has a proven success in having a large commercial impact on the organization.
- Strong knowledge of architecture related software systems including AutoCAD, Photoshop and proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-starter & entrepreneurial spirit are a must to be successful in this position.