7100 Corporate Drive
Plano 1, TX 75023
Culinary Innovation Kitchen Coordinator
The Culinary Innovation Kitchen Coordinator will play a key role in the R&D process by assisting with innovation at Pizza Hut US, the innovation leader of the Pizza category. This role will be responsible for assisting the Culinary Innovation Manager in the execution of departmental projects. The Coordinator will work cross functionally with Operations, Training, Commercialization and Pizza Hut International. The Coordinator will be expected to perform routine functions such as collecting ingredients for preparation of new and existing products, prep and portioning ingredients, assisting vendor partner Chefs and other members, as well as maintaining the kitchen and adhering to performance and sanitation standards.
* Day to day management of the Pizza Hut Test Kitchen.
* Oversee the kitchen to ensure it meets/complies and passes all brand, local, state and federal cleanliness and sanitization regulations.
* Prep and prepare for all Focus Groups and Consumer Research.
* Assists Product Developers with new and existing products.
* Oversee kitchen equipment installation, qualifications, repair and work closely with manager, facilities coordinator, equipment vendors and communicate with Kitchen users when equipment needs repair or is not operating at it optimal level.
* Lead the planning, and execution of various kitchen projects, such as kitchen instrument moves, signage updates and introduction of new instrumentation to include assessing design/kitchen/facilities requirements, obtaining quotes, and prioritizing/scheduling vendor response.
* Supervises, coordinates, develops and prioritizes the daily activities of kitchen stewards (2).
* Participates in readiness, execution and compliance of Steritech audits to (a) determine regulatory requirements, (b) communicate those requirements to the project team, (c) participate in design decisions that affect compliance and (d) estimate work load for regulatory tasks.
* Provide leadership and support for audits, health authority inspections and subsequent remediation activities.
* Maintain kitchen supplies inventory, anticipate needs, place and expedite orders for supplies accordingly working with Manager, FIT for final approval on all orders.
* Coordinate all food shows with Product Developers and ensure a proper execution based on the objective of the food show.
* Coordinate with KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut International and Domestic for usage of the kitchen.
* Communicate professionally with all individuals entering the kitchen to ensure sanitary practices are being followed.
* Associates Degree (2 year), with experience in a R&D kitchen or leadership role in a culinary setting.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (and other experience)
* Serve Safe certified (or ability to receive certification)
* 1-3 years' experience working in kitchen operations specifically in the QSR space or 2 years within a Test Kitchen.
* Proficient in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
* High energy, proactive, positive, detail oriented, self-motivated and flexible, strong team player
* Must be highly organized with the ability to perform multiple and changing priorities successfully in a fast paced environment with little direct supervision
* Ability to work in a test environment specifically with engineers, product developers and restaurant operators
* Ability to manage and motivate non-exempt employees
* Must possess a high degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).