7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Description:The Construction Manager role is a player/coach position responsible for both managing overall construction execution of individual projects and overseeing 3rd party construction management firm in markets covered. Partner with key internal and field stakeholders to deliver seamless execution and delivery of new units, while achieving key performance metrics of Timeliness, Cost, and Quality.
- Manage construction planning and execution with 3rd party construction mgmt. firm(s) for corporate new store development. Acts as Pizza Hut primary point of contact for new construction projects within assigned market(s).
- Develops and directly manages relationships and deliverables with external construction management firm(s), architectural firms/consultants, general contractors and vendors / suppliers.
- Partners closely with all internal stakeholders to seamlessly build and turn over new stores to Operations team(s) and/or Franchisees.
- Oversees all phases of projects post real estate transactions, including design/architecture, permitting, construction, close out/turnover on singular projects from inception through warranty inspections.
- Develops capital budgets for all projects with timely and accurate reports on spending. Ensures projects stay on budget and on time.
- Select or support selection of qualified General Contractors (GC's) for competitive bidding, review and qualify bids, award the work and directly supervise the performance of the 3rd party construction management firm throughout each project.
- Prepares schedules and communicates regularly to internal and external stakeholders on progress and changes.
- Supports 3rd party real estate and construction management firms with construction cost and site analysis on new store development.
- Works with other departments to improve tools and processes for execution on capital initiatives and facility maintenance.
- Ensure that company's contract policies are followed and maintained.
- Evaluates and documents performance of all consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Protects Brand Image and Standards through site visits and third-party adherence.
- Extensive (50%+) travel to perform weekly construction site visits, pre-bid/pre-construction meetings as needed to facilitate high-quality project openings and insure Dev Equity program effectiveness.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in Construction Management or related field (Architecture, Engineering, etc.) PMI certification is ideal
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate construction or project management experience, multi-unit restaurant/retail industry is preferred.
- Up to date knowledge on construction practices and the ability to read and understand architectural blueprints, engineering reports, contractor and sub-contractor bids.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and efficiently manage workload with shifting priorities. Can work autonomously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment while generating actionable recommendations.
- Clear and effective communication across all media (face to face, by phone, in writing) with people at various levels, whether internal or external to the organization, including Franchisees. Ability to partner well with cross functional partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent Project Management skills. Past success driving results via creative thinking and problem solving.
- Documented experience and ability to manage multiple projects and large scale roll out programs
- Proven ability to negotiate and find win-win solutions to resolve issues and barriers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, including sufficient proficiency with Excel, and ability to learn new programs.
- Intellectual curiosity, action oriented, self-driven with an ability to work field based with little supervision.
- Sound internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and a desire to have a large commercial impact on the organization. Being a Customer Maniac is a must.