7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Chief Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Officer
Description:Pizza Hut is seeking a Chief Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Officer who will champion, promote, and guide the Company's EIB strategy and initiatives across our footprint in a way that is unique and authentic to Pizza Hut. The position will report to the Chief People Officer, and partner with the entire Leadership Team, with close collaboration with the Yum Chief Diversity Officer. This role is integral to the company, our culture, and the experience of each of our employees and franchisees every day.
We have leadership and a workforce ready to continue the progress begun to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive system, and we need a senior leader to continue the focus and guide our energy. We are seeking someone with a passion for building a diverse workforce, an inclusive culture, and a business that resonates with a multicultural consumer base. The ideal leader possesses proven influence and leadership skills dedicated to continually improving an organization from varying vantage points.
The person will continue to build on the established vison for equity, inclusion and belonging and architect policies and programs that advance the company towards this vision. The person will partner with leadership to ensure this vision continues to be operationalized into a sustainable and measurable working plan that translates into organizational processes, decision-making, and delivers collective value to the employee, franchisee, consumer, and community experiences.
You will be responsible for leading the following, areas of focus (note: this list is not exhaustive):
Corporate & Franchise DE&I:
- Address systemic barriers in the employee experience and reimagine structures, systems, and processes that ensure we fully realize our vision of becoming a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization .
- Work with Franchise Recruitment to identify and remove barriers to entry, recruiting and onboarding plans to grow our franchise base of minority owners.
- Influence Franchisee system on equity and inclusivity educations, strategies, programs, and practices.
- Build on the foundation of our short-term commitments and partner with HR to build a strategy to infuse diverse talent at every level in the organization.
- Partner with HR team to identify barriers in our current attraction & selection processes and infuse diversity & equity efforts to ensure a diverse and equitable workforce aligned to our strategy.
- Partner with Yum EIB team to ensure effective leadership, development, and coordination of our Employee Resource Groups, ensuring their impact and effectiveness across the organization and culture.
- Along with our President, lead the President's Council-an group of diverse leaders partnering with leadership to explore issues in our business and culture.
- Promote and partner with training team to develop programs to enhance employee understanding on equity and inclusion issues.
- Own the metrics for measuring the effectiveness of corporate equity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives, prepare quarterly reports with insights and recommendations for the senior leadership team, as well as the annual report we proudly publish for the world.
- Partner with senior leaders across corporate functions to develop organization-specific plans for advancing EIB goals relative to the challenges and opportunities faced by each function. Examples include, ad campaigns, site locations, and franchise recruitment.
- Partner with the Communications team to ensure awareness and invitation to participate in our culture and inclusion initiatives.
External & Community Partnerships
- Influence and partner with outside organizations to help augment our strategy and push beyond "best practices" and create ground-breaking thought-leadership and implementation of practices to support our future talent requirements.
- Ownership of global legislation in the field, partnering with our Employment Law team to ensure current and applicable legislation is applied to programs, tracking, data collection and practices embedded in our programs.
- Represent Pizza Hut through public speaking engagements in our local communities both internally and externally.
Demonstrated Capability and/or Experience:
- Excellent command of contemporary equity, inclusion and belonging concepts and issues (e.g., recruitment and retention, access and equity, the educational impact of diversity, policy and legal dynamics of diversity, etc.).
- Successful record of leadership and experience in advancing equity, inclusion, and belonging within a complex organization.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an internal resource and consultant, working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in a sensitive context often complicated by the presence of competing perspectives or interests.
- Demonstrated understanding of the elements and dynamics of organizational change. Experience leading or participating in significant organizational change.
- Understanding of affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, compliance and anti-discrimination laws and regulations.
- Formal coursework or training in multiculturalism, intercultural communications or related topics preferred.
- Ability to research, identify and implement best practices of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent communications skills, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Demonstrated ability to cross organizational and cultural boundaries with ease, adapting language and style to the context both in person and at a distance.