7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Associate Program Manager/Scrum Master (Hybrid- 3 days onsite)
Description:PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
You will perform the role of Associate Program Manager for cross-functional business "Mission" teams. In this role you will help drive delivery of solutions against the mission team's backlog by using agile methodologies to run and facilitate 2-3 week sprints. You will help manage the team's work-flow, run sprint kick-offs, sprint reviews, daily stand-ups, visualize work progress and track team output and achievement, and identify continuous process improvement opportunities for agile teams through facilitating team reflections. In addition, you will participate as a full member of the team, helping advance analysis and creative problem solving.
Supporting business function Mission teams of 5-8 and facilitating cross-functional collaboration with similar sized product/engineering teams
Working relationships: Works closely with Mission teams to develop and scale solutions to critical strategic priorities; works within the Transformation team reporting into the Chief Transformation Officer
• Dynamic business thinker that practices and coaches the use of Agile and scrum practices on your Mission team. Model an Agile mindset and principles, values, and practices in your work
• Understand the various agile frameworks, events and artifacts (i.e. scrum, Kanban), where they are fit for purpose and how to implement/apply with new and existing teams
• Manage and facilitate team ceremonies including regular mission outcome planning, Mission lead syncs with executive sponsors, refining and prioritizing backlog, estimating and sizing efforts, sprint planning, standups and retrospectives, and finds solutions to problems.
• Implement agile methods and project method approaches flexibly, to accomplish team outcomes.
• Help the Mission team (leader and team) achieve desired outcomes in sprint and project delivery.
• Facilitate open communication among team members and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively; work collaboratively to identify and remove roadblocks
• Participate and engage in the analysis and strategic and creative problem-solving process; support and engage in business analysis, customer and market research, solution development, etc.
• Maintain visibility and provide status reporting on outcomes and KPIs as well as team milestones, sprint schedule and progress, resources as part of planning process
• Work and support teams with members from multiple functions and levels of agile maturity; develop agile maturity of teams
• Codify learnings and best practices to improve Agile maturity of the Transformation organization and mission teams; mentor, train, and help develop junior scrum masters and team members as applicable
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience in project management or process improvement
• 3+ years of work experience with prior experience in QSR, restaurant, retail, food & beverage, or similar industries preferred; 1+ year in project management or related experience
• Current "Certified Scrum Master" (CSM) or PSM certification preferred
• Faster learner. Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills with an ability to facilitate discussion, drive outcome focus, decision making, and conflict resolution across wide array of stakeholders
• Clear commitment to continuous improvement, and willingness to develop and share learning with others and encourage team and organizational development
• Project management skillset with an ability to help codify and communicate clear goals, plan, and execute team deliverables against specific outcomes on a set timeline
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment, team, or project focus
Salary Range: $89,300 to $115,610 annually + bonus eligibility. This is the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider the successful candidate's location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Benefits: Employees (and their eligible family members) may enroll in the following types of insurance coverage: medical, dental, vision, legal, and accidental death and dismemberment, as well as FSA/HSA (depending on enrolled medical plan). Yum! also provides short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance. Employees may enroll in our 401(k) plan. Yum! provides 4 weeks of vacation, paid sick leave, 10 paid holidays, a floating day off and 2 paid days for volunteer time each calendar year. To learn more about working at Yum! -Click here.
At Yum!, one of our core values is to Believe in ALL People. This means seeing the value in everyone and unlocking their full potential to be their best self. YUM! Brands, Inc. (including its subsidiaries Yum Restaurant Services Group, LLC ("YRSG") and Yum Connect, LLC ("Yum Digital and Technology")(collectively, "Yum") is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other protected characteristic. Yum! is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities or special needs.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the "Know Your Rights" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.