7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Associate Manager, PR
Pizza Hut is looking for a highly motivated individual with demonstrated strength in public relations, media relations, and crisis response. This position is ideal for holistic thinkers with high accountability, passion for brand engagement, attention to detail, creative spirit, great communication style, a partnership mentality and love for the Pizza Hut brand.
You will join a PR team responsible for promoting and protecting an iconic brand with more than 6,000 restaurants in the United States. As PR Associate Manager, you will be primarily tasked with driving proactive public relations programs for Pizza Hut's marketing calendar, brand initiatives, and leadership team. In addition, the role is responsible for supporting crisis communications and media relations -- requiring collaboration with our partnering PR agency, internal cross-functional teams and restaurant franchisees.
* Promote Pizza Hut product launches, brand initiatives, and leadership team visibility by working with internal, cross-functional and agency partners to develop integrated marketing and communications plans
* Protect Pizza Hut's reputation by monitoring news cycles and media inquires to identify and mitigate brand threats
* Lead cross-functional and agency partners in planning and executing media events
* Draft/review interview messaging, talking points, scripts and press materials including statements, fact sheets and press releases
* Brief executives for interview opportunities
* Develop and maintain relationships with media across food, business, trade, lifestyle, and pop culture news outlets
* Field reactive media inquiries by managing Pizza Hut's media line and fulfilling requests for interviews, fact checking and assets
* Collaborate with our partnering PR agency on proactive media outreach
* Identify new and unique opportunities to promote brand engagement and content development for our biggest fans
* Assist with budgeting
* Bachelor's degree required
* Minimum 5 years PR agency or in-house experience
* Experience developing communications plans and materials for consumer brands/clients
* Proven track record in media relations, including crisis communications
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in Word, Power Point and Excel
* Savvy with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
* Broad knowledge of news, trends and pop culture
* Candidate must also be responsible, accurate, creative, organized, able to work under deadline pressure, self-motivated and flexible
* QSR and/or customer service industry experience a plus
Relentlessly curious. Enjoys working in a fast paced, constantly changing environment. Passionate about the brand and food
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM),serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com. Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut)