7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Architecture & Engineering Coordinator
Description:Company description: Yum International (YRI) is the fastest growing division of Yum! Brands. It includes 120+ countries and three powerhouse brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. YRI has a history of strong profit growth and annual division profits approaching $700M.
Description of position: This role will be key in the future growth of Pizza Hut. The A&E Coordinator will provide administrative and coordination support to the Architecture and Development teams assisting in the development of licensed, franchised and corporate owned projects, and servicing US markets for all Pizza Hut Restaurants, More specific job functions are listed below.
- A&E Submissions (30%) - Receiving drawings and other documents on behalf of the A&E team for review and approval. Involves communications with architects and development teams to ensure proper submittal per brand requirements. Distributing approvals/ rejection letters. Requires logging, filing and reporting of drawing submissions. Evolution of this role may involve actual review of drawing content to review for compliance.
- Property Registration maintenance (30%) - Tracking, logging, reviewing, and returning information related to the registration of a development project. Involves regular follow up with various staff to correct or validate information, updating databases with appropriate and current data, evaluating photos and other data for approval and sending a corresponding approval or rejection notification, uploading and filing information, transferring information to other departments for approvals, etc.
- Communications Support (25%) - Leading efforts to communicate information from the department/ brand to the franchise community or internally within the organization. Includes hosting and organizing web-based seminars, email distributions, in-person meetings, online meetings, and more. Will involve coordination with other departments including marketing, IT, etc. Will involve creation of emails, documents or presentations which have information to be distributed (documents may also require graphic design, layout design, etc).
- Special Projects (10%) - This position requires flexibility, and there may be a need to fill in for various tasks for various trades within the department. These tasks may require special training to execute but may also provide opportunities to grow within the organization. Projects may include but are not limited to: Research and development, data analysis, architectural drawing review, Creation of drawings, diagrams, graphics for communications, creating or editing new processes/ procedures for the team(s), Working with other departments (legal, finance, marketing) on efforts associated with the A&E team, and more.
- Department Event Coordination (5%) - Requires assistance with helping organize and implement department and team events like holiday gatherings, team building exercises, onboarding of new employees, etc. Also includes the assistance with coordinating outside events that are attended by members of the team (conferences, etc) which may involve gathering images, data, etc as well as putting together information to be presented.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- 6+ years of professional administrative experience
- Experience of either having worked in an architectural firm or in a corporate office with focus in an architectural or engineering department strongly preferred
- Candidates with experience in corporate franchising preferred
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (Especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Candidate may be asked to create and/or assist in the presentation of PowerPoint presentations on various subject matter.
- Excellent communicator. Communication is clear, direct, & concise
- Exceptional problem solving skills (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of actionable recommendations)
- Candidate should be highly organized and able to multitask. Should also have the ability to organize others, both individuals and groups
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, with a positive, can-do attitude
- Approaches projects with tenacity and works through obstacles/barriers in an effective manner
- Displays a strong personal accountability to meet & exceed goals; tracks performance toward objectives
- Committed to studying and understanding emerging businesses, markets, and industry trends