7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Architectural Interior Designer
The Prototype Designer is major contributor in the exciting growth and development of Pizza Hut. As we embark on supporting our franchise system in bold development goals, this position will be critical in the roll out of brand standards and prototypes. The Brand Architect/Designer will coordinate work with others in the Development group and manage outside consultants in support of the development of all domestic markets for Pizza Hut. This position will be involved in the execution, implementation and evolution of our Pizza Hut Asset Vision. Additionally, this role will be involved in communication, design approvals and interaction with our franchisees regarding asset design and execution.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
* Min. 5 years full-time experience in store planning, design and or A/E experience.
* Commercial restaurant and/or retail design experience strongly preferred
* Candidate has proven record of project management skills, a mature design sense and strong creative thinking
* Extensive knowledge in architectural and construction materials, means and methods
* Ability to think strategically and easily translate design ideas and intentions into strong visual representations.
* Ability to review build cost and analyze regional cost data
* Ability to build relationships across corporate and franchise organizations
* Strong communicator, particularly with those outside the development industry
* Strong problem solving skills
* Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) applications and Autocad with experience with Photoshop, Revit and/or Sketchup is preferred.
* Demonstrates a strong work ethic, with a positive attitude
* Ability to take initiative and effectively operate with general direction
* Approaches projects with tenacity and works through obstacles/barriers in an effective manner
* Displays a strong personal accountability to meet & exceed goals; tracks performance toward objectives
* Research, studying and understanding emerging businesses, markets, and industry trends
* Travel required (5%).
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design is required. Licensure is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have practical experience in Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design or closely related fields.
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com . Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut ), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut ) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut ).