If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting the location nearest you.
Director of Law (Legal Counsel)
Manage Brand's legal efforts in strategic franchise transactions, brand enforcement, and general franchisee relations. Function as a critical business partner and legal advisor to key business units such as finance, operations, development, and treasury.
* Provide strategic guidance for and ensure execution of Brand's equity market divestitures (i.e. refranchising transactions), including negotiation of Asset Purchase Agreements and related agreements.
* Lead Brand legal efforts in analyzing and approving/denying divestitures of franchisee-owned markets to new and/or existing franchisees, including review of corporate structure, third-party financing, and guarantor individuals/entities.
* Negotiate other strategic agreements supporting Brand's overall franchising and licensing efforts.
* Provide strategic counsel supporting development and drafting of Pizza Hut Brand Standards designed to drive revenue growth, ensure franchise network uniformity, and improve customer experience.
* Coordinate and lead enforcement efforts aimed at remediating franchise agreement and/or Brand Standards violations.
* Work on cross-functional team of Band leaders to design and implement solutions to systemwide or franchisee-/licensee-specific enforcement issues.
* Develop expertise in relevant legal regimes, including those governing domestic franchising and licensing relationships.
* Lead annual update of Pizza Hut Franchise Disclosure Document with assistance of outside counsel.
* Work with business teams to design and draft innovative agreements aimed at driving business growth.
* Draft and introduce new franchise agreements and/or relationship agreements in support of driving business transformation.
* Advise business units on wide range issues implicating the nature of franchisor-franchisee relationship.
EDUCATION: Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
* Minimum of four (4) years in the private practice of law.
* Strong backgrounds in litigation and/or transactional practice welcome.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Clear and concise written and oral communications.
* Must be a team builder, with sufficient legal acumen and business knowledge to command the respect and attention of senior corporate leadership.
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM),serves and delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world. With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, Facebook and Twitter messenger and Amazon devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery.
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut has become the most-recognized pizza restaurant in the world, operating more than 16,400 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com. Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut)
Welcome to Pizza Hut® Careers
Pizza Hut is committed to breakthrough innovation and the success of our employees. From our world class operations to our passionate customer mania philosophy and an incredible franchise system, this is one great place to work! So come see what it's like to be with a global leader in the restaurant industry. You'll find a fun, fast paced and supportive culture, where all of our success comes from our belief in people, and investing in you is our top priority.